SPArKy_Dave

The tyre clearance v's bump stop thread

since i chopped the bump stops there must be more travel now,so yeah only there on the bottom of the guard i can fix,i will be ordering just 30mm low springs which will give me a bit more clearance and shock travel.

I have low and no issues. Check the wreckers for falcons even if they are utes they often have lows in the fronts, save money getting the fronts cheaper. Least the damage was done to a minimal though. 

i pulled into the servo on a left hand turn because my eyes nearly fell outa my skull when i saw 99c a litre,so i put 20bucks 95 octane for a cane-ing for 20 mins ,and herd this weird noise -not happy jan.

Yeah went back to lows instead of superlows for this reason. Our birds were never meant to be that low with factory hardware.

If only someone did wedge kits here in oz the story would be much better, as you could then clearance the bump stop area to maintain travel.

But then you need shock tower spacers etc.

Joys of old cars

i pulled into the servo on a left hand turn because my eyes nearly fell outa my skull when i saw 99c a litre,so i put 20bucks 95 octane for a cane-ing for 20 mins ,and herd this weird noise -not happy jan.

Wheel turned and hitting driveway at angle -perfect combination for a tyre and guard bash. Spend most of time remembering to hit driveways either straight on or having wheel straight then turn once into driveway. Or once and once only bellied the car  :(. Not the kids or wife said one thing it was complete silence other than the faint whimpering and the word 'FUCK' from me.

Dam it went down further and chewed the guard as they were not lipped,im definatly going to higher springs.WP_20160819_12_37_37_Pro_zpsjxbhltnt.jpg

Whoopsy! :o

Would not have pictured that happening with 15x7 snowies.

Probably need to run more negative camber.

My XG ute has 16x7 FTR's, and it's never caught the guard like that...

I do run a noticable amount of camber though.

Have you got a side on pic, to show where the damage occurred, over the arch radius?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but it looks like you NEED to get some stiff shocks. Did someone say you had munroes? Throw them in the bin. Useless if your running a car at this height.

When i buy my lows i will consider putting in a set of those nice koni set's ,i dont think you can get the bilsteins that were originaly fitted to xd-xe any more unless you get them re -done.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but it looks like you NEED to get some stiff shocks. Did someone say you had munroes? Throw them in the bin. Useless if your running a car at this height.

Ultima's from memory, aren't they?

When i buy my lows i will consider putting in a set of those nice koni set's ,i dont think you can get the bilsteins that were originaly fitted to xd-xe any more unless you get them re -done.

You can get still Billies like ESP's had.

They just don't have the 82DA part number stamped on the body.

You could always get Koni's painted yellow too... :P

I have one NOS proper Ford Billie, but that's no good to anyone.

I bent the guard back into place and and lightly hammerd the edge in ,even after a small drive with with no big bumps i felt a small rub,so new springs and proper wheel alignment should bring it back into form,i might even put the super pro bump stops or glue the oem ones back,after the taller springs are put in i will sus it out.

Could run more neg camber and caster. This will tilt the wheel in too

Yep that works but it wears the tyre on the edge but it will steer awesome though. Need to go to proper suspension joint that know what they are doing not a tyre service place cause they have a tendency of either going to far or nothing at all. The shock travel/bump stop wont change though. 

Problem is the x-series suspension geometry is all wrong going real low. Drop spindles etc the only way to go to do it right