SPArKy_Dave

The tyre clearance v's bump stop thread

Ideally, I would think you'd want the static height, so the UCA on a slight upwards angle - so the angle increases with spring compression.

And a static height, with the LCA as close to straight as possible.

That's how my XG ute is set up.

Unfortunately, at those parameters, ball-joints really need to be wedged as the angle is too severe,

and there's no factory suspension travel left.

There are wedge blocks (or wedge nuts) included with the different upper ball joint wedge kits, available out of the USA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-Shelby-Falcon-Upper-Control-Arm-Ball-Joint-Wedge-Kit-1964-1965-1966-/221956009088?hash=item33ad9bec80:g:XDYAAOSwsB9WBhPX&vxp=mtr

http://opentrackerracing.com/product-category/shop-by-year/1967-mustang/

Open Tracker parts in Australia - http://www.cfcomponents.com.au/lca.html

My lower arm is pointing upwards. It looks pretty level until you put a tape on it. If the car was 40mm higher and had the Shelby drop, it'd be pretty good (but 40mm too high, haha). Mind you the measurements were bad and there is a bit of guess work in picking the centre of the ball joint.

Alrighty then, here we go.

wheel clearance. Looks more than it is due to temporary wheel/tyre combo

IMAG01341_zpsbe3ee5cd.jpg

Normal wheels but less informative angle

1270074_1424209677805800_1739668706_o_zp

My, uh, bumpstop "clearance".

IMAG01311_zps522b8fb2.jpg

Ride? quite good. Has been like this over 2 years now and balljoints are still tight.

Man seriously you need to put the bump stop plate back on, it is there for a reason. Look at the angle of the ball joint, ready to snap and is a ticking time bomb.

Isnt there a mob in the US that sell upper and lower control arms for mustangs and early falcons, that suit the the shelby drop mod? Or am i just talking crap? lol it was a long time ago i remember seeing them.

Isnt there a mob in the US that sell upper and lower control arms for mustangs and early falcons, that suit the the shelby drop mod? Or am i just talking crap? lol it was a long time ago i remember seeing them.

You are correct, the only real issue with them is cost

thats why i kept telling myself this is shit ride,so i should put the super pro ones ? or cut the o.g. ones

I'd do a little experiment first. Measure the height of the guard as is, then remove the bump stop altogether and remeasure. If it's a significant drop you may need to change the springs as you will still have stuff all travel with shorter bump stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk