MNTL.XD

Inspire yourself: Incredible metal-work skills.

If you need a bit of inspiration to get in there and give it a go with maybe a rust repair, or a bit a metal fabrication or whatever, cast ya peepers over the talents of what this guy does with such basic utensils!! This isn't an X-series Falcon, shit, it's not even a Ford, but i thought the detail the photos show in this build, and the pure talent of this guy is worth sharing to anyone wanting to build a car, especially if you're the type of bloke that wants to get in there and give it a shot yourself, but just need a bit of inspiration to grab the grinder and hack into it! Cheers, Paul. :)

http://www.build-threads.com/build-threads/thai-kombi-restoration/

The green 'CLICK HERE' at the bottom of the page will get you into the full build.

........ or just use this link to get you to page 1.

http://vwrides.com/viewtopic.php?t=43&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Anyone know where Gareth ended up or has kept in touch with him? I remember at one stage he was heading up To FNQ ??

That blokes got mad metal skills! Nesessity is the mother of all invention. I dought they could afford replacement stuff with the pathetic money they get paid over there so they just whip em up themselves! I could sit and watch people who can do work like that with the bare minimum of gear all day long!

He's got skills.

Gareth KLR250 posted that on poxfalcon about 5 years ago.

I was pretty sure it had been posted elsewhere, definitely worth putting up for those that haven't seen it though, amazing skills!!  ;)

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but it's so good I'm sure anyone else that hasn't seen it will really dig this guys work.

Just had a look at his thread on the split window combi ute, that Thai fella is a dead set artist in every sense of the word!

It seems like a talent you either have or you don't have at all!

If you didn't see the work in progress pics, you just wouldn't believe it...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but it's so good I'm sure anyone else that hasn't seen it will really dig this guys work.

Just had a look at his thread on the split window combi ute, that Thai fella is a dead set artist in every sense of the word!

It seems like a talent you either have or you don't have at all!

If you didn't see the work in progress pics, you just wouldn't believe it...

Exactly, it may be an old thread, but it STILL inspires me to give things a go that i normally wouldn't when i'm in the shed.

Guys, if you haven't seen the build thread, get you eyes in there and have a look. Well worth your while.

i wish i had skills like these guys. we all say that some where born with these skills and others aren't, which is true in some aspects. but the fact of the matter is, these people devote there lives to these skill's and and put all of there time, blood, sweat and tears into it and this is why we need to nurture these skills and worship these people!! haha. I wish i had half the motivation and and devotion that some of these guys have, there is so many skills that I envy

Oh I agree there's a lot of practice and educating themselves in the process of becoming that good, but there still needs to be an element of pure talent that will get you there at that level.

Your not going to dedicate your life to something that your totally hopeless with, no matter how much you try...

You can teach some people the same thing 10 times over, and another will watch it once and get it almost, if not absolutely perfect.

Oh I agree there's a lot of practice and educating themselves in the process of becoming that good, but there still needs to be an element of pure talent that will get you there at that level.

Your not going to dedicate your life to something that your totally hopeless with, no matter how much you try...

You can teach some people the same thing 10 times over, and another will watch it once and get it almost, if not absolutely perfect.

oh i agree, people are definitely born with pure talent in the brain but whether they choose to follow it or not and whether they like to do it is what brings it out in them. put it this way, you could be one of the worlds greatest make up artists, but unless you have tried it you will never know, and because you probably don't have any interest in it you will never have the motivation to find out