Sign in to follow this  
BigCav

hydrocoating water paint

original.gif

lol @ one of the comments on the page

was a article on this in perth street car mag, so many more options than just painting things now

Id be more impressed if I could see the results of the items in this clip a couple of days after they have dried. Also show us removing the paint, scratching it up with a piece of 36 grade paper just to prove "its an actual painting process"

Whats the stuff coming from the spray gun at the beginning of the clip? They painting the water with ???? and why.

I see this maybe getting bigger in the future, good for painting custom bikes and what not but right now, I don't think it has a huge market.

What prep goes into this?

To many questions un answered for a 14 minute vid clip.

i did some research last night, as a paint guy i understand little of it lol but its supposed to be dureable, the spray they put on initially is a reactive agent to start the sepeartion process

Its been around for a long time, its only just got into the main stream and then made cool by applications such as in the video. Its supposed to take away the time factor and pain of airbrushing by simply designing it on a computer and printing it out like any signwriter would. But like cobrajet said its only a base coat, it still needs the usual sealing process done like any other cob setup (or airbrushing for that matter)

Its cool, i saw a bike being down for some richie rich dude in the states that wanted everything to be covered in Benjamins... just simply could not have done it any other way.

Yeah it could open doors to hole new graphics etc, airbrushing is becoming a thing of the past for sure, they already do a similar thing with nail art.
Put picture on nail, and nail clear over it to seal it. then you got funky nails.

Cost wise, you'd be crazy not to get a wrap done or hydro-coating over airbrushing, soon it will be cheaper to print shit out then spray and prep a panel.

Babe piper is a sick cunt.