Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Troy Christopher Quigley

Xd gearbox

4 speed toploader will almost never break, a single rail is about as strong but the shifters are annoying they are period correct though. then theres t5's bassically a e series 5 speed manual box but they were in xf's i find they are rather weak in my honest opinion..

then theres t5's bassically a e series 5 speed manual box but they were in xf's i find they are rather weak in my honest opinion..

XF T5s are different to e series, different ratios and late e series one are stronger.

Think XF/EA had same T5s.

then theres t5's bassically a e series 5 speed manual box but they were in xf's i find they are rather weak in my honest opinion..

XF T5s are different to e series, different ratios and late e series one are stronger.

Think XF/EA had same T5s.

Correct, eb series 2 was the change across all falcons, but any e series with the flat flange is the t5 you want, xf and ea use a over drive around .78 (dont quote me on that im drunk) ane eb and later use a .68 overdrive

You'll need a bellhousing to suit aswell, dellow make real good one, their made from spun steel to make them stronger, lighter and they look bloody good too in the goldish colour, if you haven't guessed yet I bought one, you can pick one up from mal woods, thats where I got mine

V8 and I6 T5s have different input shafts.

An E Series T5 at least should be fine with a 302. People run them with much more power. Be gentle on it and it will last years. 3rd gear is the weak spot.