Sign in to follow this  
PRO250

my bonnets melting :( turbo bags

hi all

whos useing a turbo bag? my ghias heating the bonnet a fair bit and its killing the paint so i want to try a bag thing is anyone using one or any other ideas to stop the paint melting

its still not very hot so id hate to see what happends on a 38 degree day :(

somone sugest a good one?

LOL rob i seen him stalking xfalcon ive been blocked on stalk book from even seeing his posts thru somone else LOL no loss, funny such a big man hiding LOL LOL

enough about the perosn that shall not be named HEHE

I have had 2 turbo bags catch on fire.

I'm still using 1, its not too bad.

You're are better off just sticking that heat reflective shit to the bonnet.

In the right spot they can drop under bonnet temps ALOT. 4WD V8 conversions use em to great effect aswell as turbo cars and as hot air rises it makes it's escape much easier,especially if you box the turbine area via heat guards and the vent/vents are directly above it. 

do the vents make a lot of diffrence nick? i have thort about it as i have to repaint the bonnet now anyway

As slydog stated and agree with his comments, they do make a difference as hot air rises heat can escape plus the positive with having vents and proven that it increases air induction aswell.

You have two options, with mounting vents above turbo as my DJGPT has 1 long bonnet vent above the turbo but still has heated my paint on the front right guard or you you can have the other option of 2 bonnet vents like the AIT cars had.

I can post pictures of the 2 different styles if this helps, I highly recommended if your bonnet needs to be painted I'd invest in the 2 bonnet vents.

As slydog stated and agree with his comments, they do make a difference as hot air rises heat can escape plus the positive with having vents and proven that it increases air induction aswell.

You have two options, with mounting vents above turbo as my DJGPT has 1 long bonnet vent above the turbo but still has heated my paint on the front right guard or you you can have the other option of 2 bonnet vents like the AIT cars had.

I can post pictures of the 2 different styles if this helps, I highly recommended if your bonnet needs to be painted I'd invest in the 2 bonnet vents.

would like pictures yes ideas in picture form are always good

yes i have to paint it ive been putting up with it but it needs doing

low mount yes matt i dont know why these are so high my turbo is the highest part of my engine by heaps :(

If u put vents, they usually sit 1/3 of the way up on ur bonnet.. when ure moving forward that area has the lowest pressure above it, making it effective to suck underbonnet air out

If you wanted to cool engine bay temps down a bit aswell you can cut a hole into the plenum so the air goes into the vent and pushes the hot air away, seen this done too looks a bit tacky but.

Dump is not the problem the turbo melting the bonnet is

ive sorted this already but

you know whats low him slaging anyone thats having a go. thats a insult to most of the members on here 

speaking of that i was told he was talking about a members car today on the place he is hiding from me on :) hope he was not slaging them for having a go

its a real shame i liked wes and why he turned so bad for no real reason other then his falling out with rob is sad. but thats enough about that  

The real shame is so many people on this forum get in on the antics and forget why we are all here. WE ARE NOT ALL PROS AND SOMETIMES WE NEED HELP!! Talk down on watever and whoever you like, im here for the help and knowledge that you all give for free!!

yeh the turbine housing? thats why i said HPC coat it if it doesn't already have a coating on it :)

im staying out the issue from here on out, but i find it sad the way things ended. as for hiding, i honestly doubt that, he doesn't hide, he simply likes his life to be private as i learnt when i met him.

let bygones be bygones, and let it sit in the past.