Campo

4L into XF

Hi all,

Have just had a shithot 4L built up to go into my XF speedway car, should make some serious power! Am throwing in a EL T5 behind it too.

Just wondering what I need to get to throw it in? What do I use engine mount and accel/clutch cable wise? Wiring will be getting done from scratch and running a chipped EL computer (are they the go??)

I've heard you can use the XF lower part of the engine mount and the part of the EF mount that bolts to the block and the 2 pieces bolt together, is this right? Or do I need XG/XH mounts?

Thanks

You can also use EB Falcon engine mounts on your engine, they bolt to the block and the existing XF engine mount plates (I did this with my 4 litre conversion)

I used an XD accelerator cable just tweeked it a tiny bit on the hole where it clips on to the TB on the EF efi.

I used the XG sway bar. (to clear the sump)

and I used a Bosch 044 external fuel pump

with a return line to the tank.

All went into an XD conversion. XF would be the same.

Being a speedway car where do you run the radiator?

I also used the header tank from the EF in my conversion and relocated the battery to the boot.

Throw some pics up of this bad boy and your conversion, many of us would love to see it. ;)

XA-XF P/S boxes have an imperial thread for the high pressure line, XG P/S have metric thread for the high pressure line.

This is true , forgot about that so how would you overcome this?, just use an adapter or just whack the xg powersteering box in? Also don't XGs P/S boxes have a metric pitman arm as well?

Putting a ba motor into my xf. Using ea mounts. Bolts straight in.

My question is do you use standard XF crossflow chassis mounts or the XG ones with upper ea mounts to fit the ba motor, if that makes any sense?

Awesome stuff mate cheers, you should make a thread on your project! Also Can you also use the  Xf body mounts and Ea engine mounts setup for a SOHC motor as well?

I'll also need a au t5 bell housing as the bottom the the bell housing bolts to sump so e series will fit the top half but have no bolts holding the bottom half. Can't use ba on unless u want to run hydrolic clutch

I'll also need a au t5 bell housing as the bottom the the bell housing bolts to sump so e series will fit the top half but have no bolts holding the bottom half. Can't use ba on unless u want to run hydrolic clutch

Xg sway bar hits an au sump, so maybe a barra is worse, my mate ended up making spacers to move the sway bar down 10mm to clear his au sump

I think the AU sump is the same as a BA/ BF one but FG is different. Like Thom has said the XG sway bar will still hit the AU/ BA sump  and on EA- EL falcons, the AU sump will hit the K frame. 3 ways to get around this, modify the sump ( like the pics below), make spacers like Thom said or In my opinion the best option is to get a custom sway bar made to clear. With the custom sway it means you can run a 27 mm bar, as with an XG sway bar the biggest is 24mm (xr6) and standard one is 22mm. The setup will look neat and professional

Pics of modified sump

Sump003_zps754675d7.jpg

Sump004_zps334a9b20.jpg

Sump008_zpsfba89fb3.jpg

And this is a pic of a custom  sway bar made  to clear a BA sump on a XE falcon. Note the sway bar is 20mm more forward compared to a XG sway bar

XGsway_zps81f70e61.jpg