I had this problem on my xd esp I had years ago. It had xe gold snowflakes on it. The fronts seized on, no matter what I tried they wouldn't budge. I ended up undoing the bearing nut and pulling off the wheel, disc and caliper altogether. In the end I had to smash the rotor part of the disc away to get the caliper out and then pressing the remaining centre out with a 20 ton press.

Sorry, I know this probably isn't what you wanted to hear, I've got no idea how long it had been since the wheels had been off.

This is a common problem with commodores with alloy wheels, maybe if you know some one with a commodore they could assist.

One thing I did try before disassembly was to loosen the wheel nuts and go for a SLOW drive, hopefully they work themselves loose for you ( mine didn't).

dude, that is not what i wanted to hear, hahahahaha fuck man, i guess if they dont come off i can just drop the diff out and throw a 9"in haha they are solid though. im gonna have to figure something out. but for now i cant drive it cause the engine is rooted, im actually comtemplating putting a disk brake rear end i have straight in it haha

im thinking of putting a different diff in it when the time comes and then heating them up and pulling them off later, cause im thinking of xr-xy diff and have massive offset wheels, the steelies can stay on there for now haha

Yeah I had an old steelie jambed on a front hub one time on an XF, I jacked it up and from the back of the wheel whist sitting on my bum, kicked the shite out of it

then turned it 180 and kicked it some more, it aventually come off. Kick and turn kick and turn, seemed to work on the front.

Yeah I had an old steelie jambed on a front hub one time on an XF, I jacked it up and from the back of the wheel whist sitting on my bum, kicked the shite out of it

then turned it 180 and kicked it some more, it aventually come off. Kick and turn kick and turn, seemed to work on the front.

yea did this, tried filing down the rust, got a screwdriver and tried to lever it off (big ass screwdriver) nothing moved at all so im gonna get the oxy on it haha

Park a car with a tow bar at 90 degrees to yours,back your wheel nuts off,hook a snatch strap to the other car and over your stuck wheel and try to pull the wheel to loosen it.Seen it done on a prime mover trailer before using a fork lift...worked first go.

If its an alloy wheel and you pull on it you will most likely damage the wheel. Truck wheels are alot stronger than car wheels.

With the jammed wheel try heating up the stud only. This will expand the stud and break away some of the rust. Then apply more crc and heat again. Repeat process until wheels off. I have used this method to great affect on heritage listed steam locomotives because you cant cut with an oxy cause its heritage.

can you put a scissor  jack between the leaf springs and the rim to try push it off?

i had a ghia wheel stuck on a ZL i wrecked once, didnt come off even driving with no wheen nuts and turning in the back yard.. bought a sledge hammer and belted it off.. its amazing how often a sledge gets used once you own one.

Don't.  Soak it in wd, loosen nuts and shake the car side to side with a couple of mates.  should come loose, failing that oxy.

tried this, oiled it up, put it on the ground with backed off wheels nuts so i could see thread just and shook the whole car. did not move, im just gonna get the wheel red hot around the axel i wont heat it obviously and then lever it off hopefully or even do the scissor jack thing haha

I had this on the wreck I bought the guy wanted to buy the rims gutter crazed snowies don't ask me why they where shot but the fronts where seized on I use wd40 and soaked then I used  truck wash with metho best to wash cars with also removes bugs etc I let that soak then get a sledge hammer and work around the inside hitting the tyre gently it should pop off

Dont heat the wheel as it will bend when you hit/pull it. Heat the studs until blue in clour and then let cool it will work and you will be still be able to use all parts againont put any water or crc on hot metal because it hardens it and makes it brittle, it changes the structure of the steel and the steel will fail.

Edit: Heating to cherry red will anneal the metal which softens it. If you want to keep the part only heat until metal turns blue.

I'm guessing you've got the Alloy rims on the Fairmont. Dis-similar metals often 'bite' into each other. Might try jacking up, big mo'fo' rubber mallet, hitting the tyre either side, then top bottom, either side, top bottom. Found the best "loosen-upperer" is 50/50 Tranny fluid (ATF) and Acetone. Get 'em both at Big Dubya.

Rubber mallet wont don't any damage, just beware of the recoil......Bah ha ha ha ha

well the best part is he rim is a rust fu*ked s pack steelie so i couldnt car less if i warped it, the ends of the axels have bassically mushroomed underneath the little hub covers so thats why they are stuck, ive done some filing and stuff just need to get the sledgy onto it now and see if i can do anything to it haha