Sign in to follow this  
SLO247

XD-XF Bucket seat bolts

G'day blokes.

I'm up to refitting the seats in my ute.

I want new nuts and bolts.

Can anybody tell me suitable sizes? Lengths/threads etc.

There are kits on ebay advertised as fitting XR-XC. I understand the floor pan is the same and the seats interchange, the kits look exactly the same as the XD-F items.

Can I use those? Are the same fasteners interchangeable from XR-XF?

Might be a dumb question but fuck me, I've never looked under an old girl (the car I mean).

Otherwise can anybody tell me the suitable sizes so I can be lazy and go and buy them without crawling under my parts car in the dirt to remove them to measure?

Thanks.

i have been known to be wrong on occasions..  but i'd say the bolts that go through the floor with nuts under (upto 1987? XF) would be all same as to XC and prior.

i have a 1988 XF ute which has the e series setup

It had all mismatched damaged crap in there. Hence asking here.

It must have been one of the last with the old floor. A may 88 I think.

Surely someone has replaced theres? Usually they are bent and rusted.

Are you sure its the old floor? My ute has the e series type but one of the ones I wrecked had both, well had the e series type floor with holes and x series seats.

If its got the e series floor that is so much easy, no getting under the car required :)

It had the old type seats in it. It was a 3 seater originally so that may have been a factor. I'll lift the underlay and have a look.

Can anyone help with the bolts?

Mate, if you buy bolts, they will spin in the seat rails, because they're hex head. The originals are square head, so they jam tight in the rails, and you can get under the car and tighten them. Otherwise it's a 2 man job.

.....or tack weld them into the rails. Sorry, can't help with the sizes. Make sure the nuts are pressing against a 'plate or washer' on the underside of the car. Not sure if ALL floor pans had them, if you are going from a bench to buckets. Definite canary if cops have a look, and they may tear out of the floor in a prang.

That is correct that they are square head bolts. I found on both the XE and XC the bolts are the same. The little frame they have over the top of the bolt head is useless as fuck anyway and the bolts still spin. If you are going to replace them i would just go with a high tensile UNF bolt anyways and get the ball and chain under the car to tighten them while you lie on the seat and hold the top bolt.

Hendrix you are a legend. Thats the info I needed, XC same as XE.

I know the bolts are square etc, been stripping the old girls for years but never kept any seat bolts. They usually spin anyway as Dean said, vicegrips on the top do the trick. Been thinking of tacking them, depends if you can get in there.

The little frame they have over the top of the bolt head is useless as fuck anyway and the bolts still spin.

.................... get the ball and chain under the car to tighten them while you lie on the seat and hold the top bolt.

True.

.........and funny. :D  :D :D