Sign in to follow this  
LJDB

brake kits or mods

any info on brake upgrade kits for a TE.

front or rear any infos good

whats the best kit at a good price or does anyone know of any bits and peices off other cars that can make a kit or that fit onto a TE cortina.

only a streeter but the brakes crap

yeah iv seen the ebay kits. some good reviews and some not. ive also seen some kits on uk sites for what they call a mk5, abit pricey with freight to aus

surely someone has some good advice 

rear

I fitted r31 skyline brakes and axles. mainly did it to fit the r31 28 spline axles. here's a link. http://fordcortina.com.au/newforum/index.php?topic=1901.msg6808;topicseen#new you could also use the r31 disks on the corty axle having them redrilled to he corty pattern, you would need to have a spacer made to fit between the disk and raised round section on the axle flange. just fabricate a mount for the calipers, it could bolt to the axle retaining plates. you probably could get away without making a spacer for the disk and raised section on the flange guess its got no load on it.

front

haven't done anything yet but plan to use a disk from maybe a focus the last of the 4 stud ones and have the disk drilled and taped to bolt straight to the original hub, not sure what calipers I will use maybe BA.

master cylinder

some guys fit a xb one, think they almost bolt straight on, brake line threads maybe different. not sure what master I'm going to use.

Talk to Dave pro250... he supplied my whole kit on a pallet ready to bolt in. Hq calipers and xb discs up front with a 10mm thick ? Adaptor plate for caliper. Then falcon discs and calipers down back. I just got him to build me a complete diff with spool, 4.11s and 5 stud haha

Like chris and chris said i do brake upgrade kits for cortinas. anyone with questions or wants a kit being either a full kit or parts to get them started can PM me