Server maintenance Read more... ×
Clevo120Y

crossflow porting results

On 06/11/2017 at 4:26 AM, Outback Jack said:

Im still trying to figure out how he's gonna dig a hole with an esculator..........

Sent from my GT-S7583T using Tapatalk

Bucket wheel excavator would go close.  But I can loan him a liebherr 996.

Went back to the flow bench today with a new port and chamber design. It was based on the stuff we learnt from doing the last 3 test ports, you know the ones that caused all the conjecture.
Anyway I had a c1 head sitting here that had stainless ferrea valves (1.84&1.5) and all the guides and seats done. It just needed porting. I've had it for years and decided now was the time.
Here are the results. Pretty damn impressive I must say, especially considering how small the valve is. Then have a look at the port window, yep it's stock. ZERO welding or bogging done to the port. None.

Before the naysayers and the like ask, no I'm not sharing what the x section is, nor the chamber shape. Please keep in mind (as I've said numerous times) Anthony's bench flows 10cfm below name benches. That's 243cfm of flow through a 1.84 valve and a stock port window!!! Smallest port doing the biggest job. Look at the mid lift figures. Solid as a rock.

p.s. Please ignore the valve size on the test sheet. Anthony didn't change it. 

32f84ff66b9b1c081ba8f9303d496cd9.jpg437afdc82fff7d9a359b3be397aef59a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got 247.16 with a 1.91 valve and run off the mill 3 angle job without touching the chamber of an unmarked head, 39mm cross section on the face of the runner so I guess that's a pretty good flowing head for a stock port size and valve size

can you talk about the seat or how the valve was cut ?

What was the low and mid lift figures on that 1.91" head?  That's good peak flow. Where did it make that peak?

Seat cut is cams basic seat cut. Valves are back cut a fraction with the standard ferrea neck down. 

that was at .600, never went above that as I thought it might not clear my head and don't want to notch pistons

it scaled quite well from .300 to .600 but was stupid from .200 to .300 ...wish I could had that from .500 to .600 !

were the valves cut from a bigger one? mine were 2.1" Chev valves cut to 1.910, seats were cut by UMR so I doubt they are anywhere near good but I knew that and just wanted to see what was what

See where water is and how much material is where and to profile the port. He has done lots of Chevy Ford Holden and LS stuff but only 2 xflows. This been the 2nd. My NAT ASP head the first.

I know local shop just sent a Iron Windsor head over to Kuuntz in the US so they can  do the same then CNC duplicate for future use. Smart thinking imo.

Good gains. Might be his second only x flow head but clearly he is no amateur. At the end of the day they are all just ports and require similar things. If you have a flow bench, time on your hands, some skill and a customer willing to pay for that time - well you will get results. 

Looking forward to seeing how it goes on the car. 

Starting on the new head next week. Testing has shown him what he wanted to see and plan for. 

Black top dyno showed it made "real hp" even though it lacked epic cfm figures last time so this time will be no different im sure.