Clevo120Y

crossflow porting results

yup 3" off the shelf HM55, cut it right after the last weld and weld in a cone to 3", 850cm from the cone bolt a 3" hooker and a tail pipe job done, anything more will cost a truckload of money for very little more power

make sure they don't weld the tail pipe to the muffler and that they keep the muffler located if you decide to unbolt the tail pipe so you can easily unbolt it and bold in a short 30degree elbow if the track allows you, the sound alone is worth it ;)

1 hour ago, broken-wheel said:

Same same!

Here is mine, pulled it out of storage after about 13 months ... first start don't mind the bottom end knock, she'll be right

Shit, at first glance I thought the econoguage was a tacho. 6K from cold lol

i had a heart attack when ol.m8 at the machine shop gave me a bill for my crossy,spent more than any clevo i have had done,he said althou i wouldnt really understand what mods he did to the head i take his word on it,shit loads of time was spent on it,and when i said do you have a flow bench after getting excited about this 250 cfm flow where the crossy starts to take off ,he said which port do you want me to test at $100 an hour .

for us that are interested in these results but dont no what they mean can someone explain how it reads like the head flows 380hp with so much lift ? is that estimated cam lift ?

CFM per port x number of cylinders equals a theoretical maximum power the engine can make using complex efficiency formulas. Doesnt take into account what happens once the inlet valve closes (ie combustion efficiency, etc).

Rule of thumb on a V8 is you double the flow number to get HP. 6-cyl multiply by 1.5

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, LJDB said:

how much hp would your typical stock alloy head flow?

Go back to the very first pages of this thread where Sean flowed a stock head. From there you could use the multiply by 1.5 or use FORDMAN's figures to get a rough idea 

On 10/15/2017 at 10:31 PM, CHESTNUTXE said:

good question i have read a lot of crossy builds where the mildly worked head has plenty of caparbility.

Marusic's 293cfm cyl head shows 439 theoretical hp but made 380 on a engine dyno. Little 2 barrel dirt slinger stuff chokes em up.