n00bus m@x1mus

Mustang front suspension comparable with falcon?

Im looking at some complete bolt in kits to suit either 65-66 or 67-70 mustang and im wondering if they are a straight bolt in item? Im guessing the top arms would be and maybe even the shocks but its just the lower arm and radius rods that im questioning will be the same.

I have this kit in mind so i want to be able to work out if this is the way to go or not cheers.

http://www.ronmorrisperformance.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=rmp&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=5141

Yeah i hope someone has been around this block before. Weighing up replacing pretty much every component in the front end for brand new and using quality parts and still only having a stock setup kind of steer you in this direction. If its cheap enough to freight it might be a very viable option. Plus u get fully tunable suspension with a no bind shelby drop. Probably lighter too.

Tgis is the reply i got from billy on xfalcon when i asked him about it

Hi Branko,

There are 3 groups with Mustangs 65-66, 67 (one off that year only) and 68-73. The 65-66 Lower Control Arm (LCA) is 2" shorter than the 67-73. The 65-67 LCA had 4 bolt holes for the castor rod. The castor rods on the 65-67 mounted diagonally on the control arm where as the 68-73 had 2 bolt holes and use hockey stick shape castor rod like our Falcons. The 68-73 had a longer castor rod, which is why it didn't fit on mine. For the upper control arms from what I understand the 67-73 has the same bolt spacing as our Falcons but the 65-66 had a different bolt spacing on the towers. I think the 65-66 fits XM and XP.

Control Arms Upper and Lower

Mustang 65-66 = XM,XP

Mustang 68-73 = XR to XE

I also think that the camber bolt tube is a different I.D. as well. I ordered new camber bolts with mine so they fit perfect but someone else with an XE said the factory bolts were too small.

In summary, Mustang 68-73 upper and lower control arms fit our cars. The castor rods that fit ours are apparently Torino 68-71, best to check with tcp for the length. My parts came from Global West.

Hope this helps.

Billy

Shipping is estimated at $408 US. This would bring the total bank transfer amount to $3314.

This is direct from tcp suspension for the coil over kit with everything . Double adjustable shocks , new spindles , the works

Shipping is estimated at $408 US. This would bring the total bank transfer amount to $3314.This is direct from tcp suspension for the coil over kit with everything . Double adjustable shocks , new spindles , the works

That's good value...

Other options are Global West Suspension and Maier Racing. All of them are great products and will be a huge improvement. I went with RRS because I want to run 10s on the front.

Sorry, I've only got the UCAs and bumpsteer kit.

I couldnt see the point in the rest.

I do think that I'd like their spindles, but they dont have people available to tell me what the ackerman is. I expect it to suit a shorter wheelbase car, but no cunt can give me detailed facts.

I want to speak to the people who design the stuff, not a salesman.

Thats what I really liked about Maier.

Mike doesnt recommend using his already made stuff (or anyone else's) on ours.
He's a perfectionist, so as far as he's concerned, you get it RIGHT, not close enough. In saying that, he said that it depends on your budget and what you want. TCP works (on Mustangs) and for a budget it IS better than factory.

Our cars are longer and wider, so we cant assume we know where everything is.

As for the Camber bolt tube, I know the XD is different to XF, but I dont know which the XE is the same as.

I think this stuff is a great improvement, but dont expect it to be a racecar.

Ok thats some good info cheers, im not looking to race it at all in the grand scheme of things, but if im going to shell out to do something right from the ground up i dont want to get the UCAs and LCAs from global west then the coil overs from somewhere else then the castor rods form here or there and end up paying hundreds more when there are complete kits for sale with parts that are designed to be with each other. Plus im trying to lean away from just getting the stock UCAs but rather go to a coil over. Ill weigh up costs and see where i end up.

Cheers guys.

As for the Camber bolt tube, I know the XD is different to XF, but I dont know which the XE is the same as.

XD is smaller, you will have issues my XE i had to get the GW lower arms bushes drilled out (heaps of meat left on them, only need a few mm taken out, emailed GW and confirmed can be drilled, and redrill the camber plates to fit the XE style (same as XF ) bolt size

I have complete 1970-1973 Torino front suspension in my XA coupe. UCA, LCA, castor rod, sway bar link pins, tie rod adjusters, spring saddles. It all fitted up perfect.

Nice. got any pics of it all?  What spindles does it have?

The sedan version of that era of torino was the last falcon sold in the USA, and only sold in 1970 before being dropped from the lineup. I would bet it's no coincidence they bolt right up to xa's,they were the xa's dad.