Sign in to follow this  
RAWDEAL

250 pre Motor, Electronic Dizzy Conversion

HI guys id thought id share my experiance when converting My 250 PRE CROSSFLOW cortina to Electronic Dizzy

I havnt completed this little project yet

I dont have leads

there are a few things im not sure on

1) Do i need a different Ign Coil ?

2) What are a good brand of leads i can buy? I am thinking of getting a msd streetfire kit, with the leads you shorten yourself

3) AFAIK there is a resistor wire that goes into the Points dizzy to take it down to 7-9v? I am going to Use that to trigger a Relay, and Run a new wire , that way if i needed to i could swap back to the points dizzy if i break down ect  Is this true?

Ill post pics up later on

ive done this to a TE the wires in the dash the easy was is as you said run a relay

the dissy i just bush it and drop it in they do work with no bush but dont last forever

pics of the said corty love cortys :)

arr miss read in a crossy not a pre engine i pull them out and fit a crossy :)

Not sure what you mean? 

motor is a pre crossflow in the tc cortina i am referring to lol

So you pull a crossflow one and convert it ? got pics?

Installed the Electronic Dizzy Today! Took a few pics.. will upload them soon

http://flic.kr/p/fLkm7r  << photobucket was being a c*nt. signed up to flickr.. this forums doesnt like links for images from flickr lol.. just want something that uploads images from my android phone without hassels !!! any suggestions?

The main concern i had was 

The resistorwire that runs the original dizzy.

Fucking hooked it up to trigger a relay so the new dizzy got 12v

turned the car off

the resistor wire still read 5v? :S

had to Hook up a wire from the back of the ignition barrel straight to the Dizzy/Coil for 12v. works a treat now!

unfortunaltly the clutch is slipping .. a few weeks ago it started gradually not wanting to go into gears.. clutch wasnt releasing. i adjusted the clutch last weekend, clutch slipped under heavy load/full throttle.

adjusted it again and it wouldnt get gears so adjusted it/took it for a drive like 3 times and got it to the point that it releases when your foots on the clutch but it still slips :(

Anyone know if the ea falcon flywheel goes into a pre crossie? 99% sure they will but need the holes drilled out ?

Ok So The conversion is done, HUGE DIFFERENCE.

1 Being that it idles better, and starts better, doesnt really need the choke at all now !

2 Being the power/doesnt ping at all under WOT

Cant really tell though how much quicker the car is because the damn clutch is slipping lol