NZXD

Stall Convertor C4

Hey guys, Im looking at putting a C4 behind my 302 Windsor, and ditching the single rail (future proofing for my later mods of efi and boost).

My question relates to what size stall, as I have read, spoken to and discovered different opinions on what size.

The 302 has an F303 HR cam 3000-6500, alloy heads ......

The diff is an XG XR 3.45 ratio in my XD.

So with the 1:1 top gear, I estimate at least 2800 rpm at 100km/h.

I have been informed the stall should be at least 3000 due to cam coming on at that speed, but then the stall should be lower than open road cruising rpm??

Its going to be more of a toy with the odd long distance cruise.

Any info/opinions appreciated.

then 3000 hey you gearing is short enough that the convertor will be locked at 100kmh so it will even cruise good

stall speed relates to how the car will go you dont boot it at 2000rpm in 4th do you? you would grab 2nd and get the engine speed up so the engines in its power range

there is no tricky way to pick a stall convertor you go by the engine operating range cam specs and go get one

some will go bigger then they need for drag racing as it will make the car faster out of the hole but if its a street car you dont need to do that. to smaller stall speed will make the car feel flat till the engine speed picks up to where the cam starts working and you would not want that you will get floged by a car with 1/2 the power thats set up right