Tyler06

My 79 TE Cortina Ghia

I had them on my corty for a while. They are wicked pipes. I would of liked to have used them but now im going with E85 fuel i want the bigger primaries to expell the gases quicker. I hope they work out better than the off the shelf hurricanes i have atm lol. I would be interested in doing a back to back test when this motor goes on the engine dyno as soon as its pieced together. Something me and Tim can talk about :-)

They have massive long primary's, different length secondary's then no collector...........different.

This is what I say to people there is so many different ways of thinking, so your way isn't the right way and everyone's else is wrong. Just look at those two sets of pipes side by side chalk and cheese but both worked. Don't get stuck in tunnel vision!!

Yeah Chris those pipes will work better then hurricanes, also good luck with e85 mate!!

They have massive long primary's, different length secondary's then no collector...........different.

This is what I say to people there is so many different ways of thinking, so your way isn't the right way and everyone's else is wrong. Just look at those two sets of pipes side by side chalk and cheese but both worked. Don't get stuck in tunnel vision!!

Yeah Chris those pipes will work better then hurricanes, also good luck with e85 mate!!

Not a fan of E85? Yeah definately think they should work better lol Also you are right, 2 different concepts and both worked.  

Made 8hp more was a very temperature dependent fuel it gets hot, my cell was warm to touch after a run and i was very hard to keep a consistent tune because of that, so for me and what im doing (bracket racing) it didn't work out. Love the smell though both raw and out the exhaust, better then that unleaded shit!! You going just pump or drum??

Old xrglenn pipes?? Stick them on the DOHC mate

Yeh that will be the plan. Ill stick em on my daily when I fly home

Made by a bloke named Shane, they were his and the Cortina made 250rwhp in 98 from memory.

Ill see how much I can punch through them. See how the torque curve goes like compared to whats on it now.

I spent last night terrorizing ur neighbours mum last night on the phone. She was blind drunk and it was funny as. She was fuming after.

Id love to go drum as i hear its more consistent but im gonna say pump as its more convenient.

My mate Bushy gets drums by truckload of methenol for his burnout car but id guess he could get E85 too if u want me to ask him about availability and cost.

Hmm been a long time since ive been in here. I have moved my whole engine on in bits for my new motor. Not really as exciting but should be able to supply pics soon.