Tyler06

My 79 TE Cortina Ghia

Ok so thought it was time to start a new thread with my new engine build im gonna do. Think we have it sussed wat is up with my engine. See my problems only started when i sleeved my number 1 bore and changed my cam. Ive ruled out my cam as it checks out fine and my cam tunnel is fine. So that leaves my block with the sleeved bore. Behind the waterpump you can see a crack and wen i pulled it down it is clear it has emulsified oil on the crack but the sleeve should be the new master bore right? Well if they are bored too far down then they end up in the oil gallery and wen the engine warms ups the crack spreads and the pressures pushes the oil up the crack into the water gallery. Thus stopping oil from getting to the middle cam bearings and starving my top end as well making it noisy. So sleeve was installed wrong and is causing problems. So time for a new block.

New plans are to use Ross forged pistons that are 28cc and FG rods with the small end resized to suit the pistons. Machine the pistons down about 3mm or .118' and still have a shite load of meat. Will probaly machine less and have a positive deck height and up my comp and use an MLS headgasket. And also change my EVL valves to stainless ferrera units. So Basically a new stronger bottom end that can take it running leaner etc... I will be keeping everything else the same inc my cam for now haha

Anyways thats just an update for the peeps that know my car and for the rest this is wat she is atm.

This was all good for 272rwhp on a very safe tune, we made more but had to dial it back because it liked to run lean. We found out after this that i only had 9v going to my dizzy and after wiring it right she was a completely different car haha.

Engine-

86da block 11.8/1cr

EF crank

200 rods arp studs with acl pistons to suit

Crow solid 647 with .596' lift

Jp timing gears and chain

C1 head with major work

All crow springs retainers etc

Yella terra adj rockers

aussiespeed mani

QFT 650dp R/series

Msd 6350 proggrammable

XF Tfi dizzy

DC ewp80

85a alt

ATI super damper

Slightly modified Hurricane off the shelf extractors

3" straight through exhaust dumped B4 the diff

Driveline-

Stage 2 kitted C4

B&M Deep pan with temp gauge

Allfast 4400 custom 8" convertor

Derale Cooler

Just six performance built custom diff with 28spline spool and 4.11 gears

Just six performance 5stud and big brake upgrade all round

Custom 3" tailshaft with spicer yokes

Other mods-

Custom dash and gauges

B&m mega shifter

Hidden wiring andbattery relocated

17" AU S1 XR8 rims

Lowered 3" all round

Well that basically sums it up up until now but its gonna change in a few areas very soon. Heres a few pics and a vid of her on the dyno. Feels good to start a new build thread lol.

Bit messy but you get the idea-

photo_zps4bd15309.jpg

Engine Bay-

photo_zpsf39b80f7.jpg

How she sits and rear need the extra clearance trust me lol -

photo_zps15d31896.jpg

Her ass and the T is on the back because i told my son (Tyler) it will be his wen his old enough and he just wanted to make sure i remember lol -

photo_zps27da05b1.jpg

Ass again but just showing the 235's look sweet but cant go any wider and they still dont hold traction at all haha.

photo_zpsbe0c6144.jpg

Front end-

photo_zps7719e338.jpg

Underneath-

photo_zps919af6dc.jpg

And my last dyno run ;-)

Hey man what is the 86da block from? if its xf's i have one in my mums shed you can have, pretty sure she would be standard

Yeah mate they are from an xf so if you have one ill gladly grab it ;-) and nah you can keep that other one and maybe make a nice coffee table lol

Yeah ill double check next time i go there if it says 86da

Think the auto is still attatched so ill have to rip that off first lol

No wukkas braddyxe51 has one for me that im gonna rehome all the stuff i have now into but need another to build a forged short motor with a few extras :-)

So a guy shows up at my house today to get a diff off me and i open the shed, he says i have heard of this car (SNAIL ETR) big smile on my face. <br />Reason to keep going? I think so! In love again? I think so haha

Well engine is stripped now and new block has gone to the shop so with my new lower comp and the changes ive made hopefully i can get her low 12's. no times on the board yet but im being realistic cause im gonna go nuts on the other engine haha! WA's fastest corty i think not :-( my baby i think so ;-)

So I've read this before and thought I'd already commented, obviously I hadn't!

My dad had one, we sold it last year to a young girl for her first car!

His was the reverse colour of yours!

P1010155.jpg

Will always have a soft spot for this! One of my good mates ZGMitch302 still has his first one! Bright orange 250, 4 speed wagon!

Anyways, just thought I'd show some affection!

That looks real nice Nova! Had to go thru some of the screenshots on my phone of another one that looked almost identical to that one, was on Ebay a while ago. Absolutely mint it was 

WA's fastest corty i think not :-( my baby i think so ;-)

if we compare timeslips im about 4 seconds faster than urs.

Time to change that next time ur at drags

Shiny radiator is shiny. love how the scoop sits in this photo lookin up to it.

Is it going to be rollin again for cruise next weekend?

AFC-21102012-Snail-Etr1.jpg

AFC-21102012-Snail-Etr-Corty.jpg

WA's fastest corty i think not :-( my baby i think so ;-)

if we compare timeslips im about 4 seconds faster than urs.

Time to change that next time ur at drags

Shiny radiator is shiny. love how the scoop sits in this photo lookin up to it.

Is it going to be rollin again for cruise next weekend?

Dont know wat your talking about mate i aint got no timeslips lol Block and crank etc is in the shop getting prepped so ill be building it next sat hopefully but no ill be cruising in the FG :-( Next cruise i promise cause with all the new additions i should have it sussed this time around touch wood! That radiator does look shiny but now she is lowered over the xr8 wheels we need to reshoot that pic with CORTY and SNAIL ETR :-)