Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Mixalis

Speedo Gear

Hey everyone

Got a couple of qtns for you all, is the speedo gear used for the BW35 shared with other Ford 3 speed autos? Going by the ebay ad that has them for $30 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-SPEEDO-DRIVEN-GEAR-C4-C6-FMX-BW35-TKO-T5-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-TEETH-/251308071139?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a8320d8e3&_uhb=1 and just need some confirmation

Which leads to my second qtn, if so does anyone know where else to get them brand new? If i have to i will buy them from this place but paying $30 for it makes me feel a bit ripped off. Ive searched international sites for BW35 specifically and cant seem to find anything

And another quick one, the 20 tooth was brown? 

Cheers guys

Michael

funny how people dont even check anymore and look online or overseas for parts for our cars now lol, not being rude or anything mate just having a bit of a laugh to myself, beleive it or not the BW gears are readily available from any ford dealership for the 20-30 dollar mark

edit: i didnt think the BW gear was the same as the C series but i stand to be corrected

cavs right michael not even the same gear bogy and cseries boxes have diffrent gears

why buy new? PM me ill send you a gear if yours is damaged

it not common for the gears to die in cortys its mainley the cable

funny how people dont even check anymore and look online or overseas for parts for our cars now lol, not being rude or anything mate just having a bit of a laugh to myself, beleive it or not the BW gears are readily available from any ford dealership for the 20-30 dollar mark

edit: i didnt think the BW gear was the same as the C series but i stand to be corrected

Hey mate nah i see what your saying i just wanted to google it first cause that would bring the most obvious results out first, honestly didnt think that ford would still them actually. But yeh thanks for the reply anyway

cavs right michael not even the same gear bogy and cseries boxes have diffrent gears

why buy new? PM me ill send you a gear if yours is damaged

it not common for the gears to die in cortys its mainley the cable

hey Dave i found you on stalk book btw haha! thanks for the reply mate i will send you a PM but i was going to say that i will probably be going to a set of 3.45's soon anyway and im pretty sure there was a Corty model with 3.45's and a BW35 aye? Probably make more sense for me to just go straight to that but im not sure what tooth it is so might do a little research before i send you the PM. 

Yeh and what actually happened was the speedo cable had siezed completely (couldnt even turn it over with pliers) cause it got cae off the bracket when the motor was out and got caught in one of the steering arms! So the cable siezed but the gear was still spinning so it just ate the inside of it where the cable sits