Stevemack

Painting of racecar

OK so i was originally going to paint the EF racecar (see above) in the same colours as the Moffat XC from 78, now I'm tossing up whether to go the Tru Blue, incl graphics or the Greens Tuf incl graphics from Dicky's XD and XE?  Any thoughts?

Yeah thought about that Ant, but the earlier schemes are more attractive, besides Valvoline give me good sponsorship, might be a bit rude to paint it in Shells colours!!  LOL  With the earlier ones i can hide some Valvoline stuff on there and it would still look right.

cool car mate. would you have any info on where I can source a front bar like you have, or an entire supercar bodykit?? I have been googling for some time but without much success, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am building an ef supercar mock up drift pig/track car. I had pretty much been through all the bodykit manufactures catalogue and was going to use different components from different manufactures to try and get the closest replica look I could. 

cool car mate. would you have any info on where I can source a front bar like you have, or an entire supercar bodykit?? I have been googling for some time but without much success, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am building an ef supercar mock up drift pig/track car. I had pretty much been through all the bodykit manufactures catalogue and was going to use different components from different manufactures to try and get the closest replica look I could. 

Yeah I can source you one, my friend has the mould for them, but there is one made already,  $650 was the price last time he sold one.  If you want one let me know.  There is stuff all available for the EF/ELs in the way of good bodykit stuff.

ok would you have any sites I could look up or contact numbers? the bar you have, what class of racing was it made for? I havnt seen one like it before? its not quite what im looking for, I thought the manufacturer may have info for me. appreciate any help. cheers robbo

The manufactuerer has been out of business for a long time.  It was an Auscar bar for the thunderdome.   I bought the last bar he had, the mould had been crushed cos he couldn't sell it, a couple of mates had a mould made from my bar so it could be reproduced.  The guy to contact about it is Grant from Pedders in Bendigo, i spoke to him today.  He might be able to do a better price for you, he had to check what they cost him to make in the first place :)

Google Auscars and you'll see plenty from the ef era.

Cheers

Ok so the painting has finally started, well started with the wheels on the weekend, also have been cleaning the interior of body deadener etc ready for some colour. I have chosen to go with the Peter Jackson colours. So it starts.apu5aqag.jpg

In undercoat

tysuveze.jpg

In colour

gabavaty.jpg

And with some new Nitto bags

You are going to pull the old stickers off aren't you - LOL

Are you going to pull the front and rear windows out to paint it, it is worthwhile if you intend to paint the inside as well, we regret not doing it to ours

Hazel said that you had sent a pic to her phone, she is laid up in bed with a bad back, best I go and look now - yep same pic

I thought you could pull them out and pay someone to put them back in again, talk to a window bloke, use the original windows, it might work

Nah, tried it before, they break 90% of the time when they are urethaned in, windscreen bloke even said not to bother.

Just measured up some new bits for the cage, another 14m of tube to go in!!!  Just had Luke around and we are going to replace as many of the suspension bushes with solids as we can, opened a can of worms i think! lol