Stevemack

Painting of racecar

I know there are some good paint guys on here, so hoping for a bit of help. 

Wanting to paint my EF racecar, do i need to rub it right back to bare metal or can i paint over the top of whats there (original paint) with a bit of rubbing first?   Also what type of paint should i be using from undercoat to clear?    Wanting to do white with some stripes over that.  Any help appreciated.

I know there are some good paint guys on here, so hoping for a bit of help. 

Wanting to paint my EF racecar, do i need to rub it right back to bare metal or can i paint over the top of whats there (original paint) with a bit of rubbing first?   Also what type of paint should i be using from undercoat to clear?    Wanting to do white with some stripes over that.  Any help appreciated.

quiet easy do your repairs, patch prime,rub the primer back with 400 grit wet or dry,then use prepsol,or wax and grease remover ,and scotch brite to rub the whole car back with ,no need for bare metal, no need to primer whole car,dont let anyone talk you into Acrylic,its an out  dated system,go to your local paint supplier and see what brand of 2x pak paint they use then go from there in most cases for afalcon ,if your doing a solid colour 3x litres should get you around it ,when buying a primer buy 1 litre of primer filler  

3x litres of a solid colour ,solid means non metalic

base coat requires clear over the top,

ok here how much youl need 3x lt colour 3 litres reducer ,fast ,{thinners for 2 pak]

1 LITRE OF PRIMER FILLER OR HI BUILD ,plus hardner or use ms;hardner 

2,5kgs of bog

small roll of scotch brite medium grade

6x sheets 400 wet or dry ,your call 

4lts of wax n grease remover

4 rolls 1 inch masking tape

plenty of old news paper

no clear straight over ,just wait for the colour or strips to flash off ,this is easy to test

touch the last place you painted ,a masked up area ,if the paint is sticky ,but when u pull your finger away it should have no paint stuck to finger ,but if the paint sticks to your finger give it 15 mins more ,u understand that lol 

i sometimes fuck up what i mean,lol

Start a photobucket account, then add the photo's to the account, once that is done, on the top right of the photo there is a list of things, you need to click links and copy the link, then post the link here

Or you can open a Post Image account (I reckon they are better) and do the same, but as soon as you add the pictures it gives you an option at the bottom to 'Hotlink for Forums (1)', click on the 'copy to clipboard' link and then paste the link here.