Server maintenance Read more... ×
Micky

Cold air intake

I want to do a pod filter set up on my XF S pack (EFI 4.1) but i dont know how to by pass the sensor in the air box how do you do it ?

Here's an idea. For this though you'll have to install the AFM inline, in the pipe. and run a pod filter behind the LH headlight.

P5160029.jpg

haha is that a horizon blue xf ?

I want to do a pod filter set up on my XF S pack (EFI 4.1) but i dont know how to by pass the sensor in the air box how do you do it ?

You cannot bypass it, it meters the fuel. you have to either keep the AFM  and just put it inline, Or, what i have done, fit an aftermarket ECU and use MAP fueling instead of AFM.

and YES! That is a FKn SEXUAL baby blue (horizon blue) XF. Jelly? =P

Bettymotionsmokin_zps799f6d6d.gif

Bettysmokin_zps44a7d7b0.jpg

not a burnout. I was getting the flat spots off the tires... Yep.

Not quite what you're after but something like this may be possible with OHV engines

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

The box behind the LHS headlight contains a pod filter....

You cannot bypass it, it meters the fuel. you have to either keep the AFM  and just put it inline, Or, what i have done, fit an aftermarket ECU and use MAP fueling instead of AFM.

and YES! That is a FKn SEXUAL baby blue (horizon blue) XF. Jelly? =P

Bettymotionsmokin_zps799f6d6d.gif

Bettysmokin_zps44a7d7b0.jpg

not a burnout. I was getting the flat spots off the tires... Yep.

Is it hard to make the swap to a map sensor ?

hahahaha nah not jelly :P happy that im not the only one with a FKN SXY BABY BLUE (horizon blue D4) XF :D

temporary-1.jpg

Mint! It looks g-spec! Cherish it!

Hard is relative.

In comparison to just relocating the AFM. yep it was hard. In comparison to say, fitting a non factory engine like an ls1, Id say its eazy.

I would say time consuming. I used a megasquirt which is a hands on ECU. less then $500 to key on. open the engine up to receive all the other engine related mods soo. Investment if you ever plan of staying EFI 4.1 and making any decent power.

just quietly, if you wanna do cai, for a performance gain, sort out the afm. that is by far the biggest restriction. if you're doing it for the noise or 'bling', move the battery to boot or route the pipe across the engine and drop the filter near the overflow bottle.

just quietly, if you wanna do cai, for a performance gain, sort out the afm. that is by far the biggest restriction. if you're doing it for the noise or 'bling', move the battery to boot or route the pipe across the engine and drop the filter near the overflow bottle.

Perhaps convert to MAP-sensored E-series injection...has been done here (n00oobus m@x1mus) - avoid the AFM altogether...I've converted an E-series wiring harness for use in an XF for just this reason....hope it'll go okay...

yeah, much better. and use the e-series manifold too (either type i think).

micky, measure pressure drops across the std intake to find where the bottlenecks are. if you replace bits that aren't restrictions, you're just mucking around.