jamie247

installing electric windows into gl falcon

Best off getting the whole doors, I'm in the process of doing it.

Which model Falcon? Mines XF, and the loom for the power windows/central locking etc etc runs via the dash, as well as from driver to passenger door under the seats.

It is for xe sedan but the ghia I got the doors are not worth keeping car is rust bucket just bought for parts i'm thinking take my good doors off and drill new holes and then run looms

Not sure how the wiring runs in the XE.

You'll be able to swap the windows into yours, just more complicated, you've got to take them apart and all that, which I have no idea how to do, so can't offer any help I'm afraid!

• I guess one way to find out is have a go I thought the 3 bolts that the motor is mounted to could be mounted to my window regulators maybe it's more complicated

The window assemblies arent that hard to pull out. Three or four of those stupid rivet things to drill out and punch out.  Theres a couple of bolts holding tracks etc and you have got it out. Wiring is basically 2 wires to the motor. Voltage Polarity gets reversed depending on up down direction of window.

Once you pull it apart you will see how it all goes! Just rip into it.

The window assemblies arent that hard to pull out. Three or four of those stupid rivet things to drill out and punch out.  Theres a couple of bolts holding tracks etc and you have got it out. Wiring is basically 2 wires to the motor. Voltage Polarity gets reversed depending on up down direction of window.

Once you pull it apart you will see how it all goes! Just rip into it.

cheers mate the thought of power to wind is so much more classy

Yeah piece of piss.

Just swap the looms into your car, fit the window regs, console and trims.

Need to drill holes into the doors for the looms.

The regs bolt up easy, just a bit fiddly and as Hendrix says the usual Ford Rivets to remove.

Fit them up with rivets, nuts and bolts or even bolts and speed nuts.

Be sure to add some pics of the conversion too.

Make sure you fit the relay in the fuse box, it won't be there in the gl.

will do ants i'll get everything I need before moving the shell on

If you decide to pull the motors of the mechs to clean them up, lube or overhaul watch out for that fucking spring. It doesnt look that powerful but the bastard will spin the sector gear round quick smart and take your bloody finger off.

Easy to do as above. Better to move whole doors across, esp if they have electric mirrors and door locks. then easy has getting looms to middle console (in xe) and then getting power to the console for ignition. I did it myself in my XF ute with fairlane doors with a fairlane console. its just getting the looms to through the door to the console, that is the only if you call it, the hardest part. Xf's are a little different obviously because the control panel is on the door (hence why I went for the xe/zk set-up) but its all basic. EF onwards is the annoying ones because they run off the ECU next to the steering wheel. But shiot easy job to do in xe.

want to run main switch in console like xe, but not xe switch

was hoping to only have to run two wires in front doors for motor,

run extra relays in console with the main switch

and run what ever wires I have to in the rear doors.

You need to drill holes in the doors and pillars and location of where to drill is marked on the door and pillars, if you want the power windows to actually work well run a relay for each power window.

If you decide to pull the motors of the mechs to clean them up, lube or overhaul watch out for that fucking spring. It doesnt look that powerful but the bastard will spin the sector gear round quick smart and take your bloody finger off.

OH MY GOD YEAH!

Ask me how I know.

I was lucky it didn't cut my fingers off, but did take some bark off and bleed, I thought I was gonna die!

James is on the money here to anybody doing this, please be bloody careful.

OH MY GOD YEAH!

Ask me how I know.

I was lucky it didn't cut my fingers off, but did take some bark off and bleed, I thought I was gonna die!

James is on the money here to anybody doing this, please be bloody careful.

Sounds nasty!

I drill a hole through both parts of the regulator and stick a bolt through them before taking the motor off. Stops the spring from moving then.

Manual says to do it this way as well.