mcfly94

Recommend me a carb for my xflow.

my crow 14221 cam is a sweet little thing, with some comp 10.1 you can get a good mix of economy and power out of it. My 1700kg wagon down low feels like a stock engine and goes very well between 2,000-4,000rpm.....someone try it for f%$k sake lol 

im a fan of the 14892 it a little cracker of a cam and ive made some good numbers with it little randys car runs 14.7 with that cam 465 no head work but big springs mid high 9s in comp and no stall convertor

im a fan of the 14892 it a little cracker of a cam and ive made some good numbers with it little randys car runs 14.7 with that cam 465 no head work but big springs mid high 9s in comp and no stall convertor

so the 214 wakes up the crossflow?

yes its a larger cam well over stock anyway almost no lope but, it makes them feel heaps stronger in there mid range there flat on there nose a 5000rpm but but its a fun 5000rpm cause the powers where you use it in a street car

good cam for the street will just work with your stall and will pull 3.2 gears real well and above all is a nice street can that wakes the engine up and after 25min driving you dont want to get out and burn it

892 in action this is a stock engine not ballanced no rod bolts stock head good valve springs and retainers no rollers and no stall convertor its making 168rwhp i think thru a auto

he has been doing this for a a while now and it still going and i dont know how LOL

Yeh mate the 14892 sure does wake it up, i just put this in mine a long with a lot more comp and a 500 Holley (and lots of insurance bits), cut from 17.3 to 15.3 with 2.92's and BW35. definitely makes a difference you will feel, my gearing hides it a bit. But everything Dave said mate some good gearing and youll love it, 5000rpm is all you need to go to and there is almost no lope, its that idle that flies under the radar but has a nice note to it

I thought the D head was the same in the combustion chamber as the C2, well at least the D head I have here is the same as C2.  That looks like an open chamber head - unmarked of E1 to me, but I've been wrong before today. 

Does it have injector cut outs?

from what I remember yes 99% sure. its hf-5, cant really measure look at anything else its running on my car atm

If its unmarked then its an unmarked head.  E1&E2 have those letters on a raised section between 1&2 inlet.  They are a very open chamber head but as sly said, you have to measure them.  I think from memory they are around 58cc without anything taken off them - but I have one here that is 41.5cc!!!! No shit 41.5cc.  I has had that much shaved off it I shit you not.  There isn't any measuring pads left on it.  So moral of the story - CC your head when it comes off, work out what deck height you have.  Punch some of those numbers into any of the online compression ratio calculators and you should get an answer.  My tip is that you will need 8cc dish ACL race series pistons at 20thou deck height to get 10.1.  but that is just an educated guess.

just so you know that cam still works well in the low 9s as the cam bleeds little compression

ands engine has 21cc slugs and a XE open chamber head milled a bit, it comp is low runs on anything you put in it, i tryed one once with 10.7 comp it was so bad i mean you could let go of the throttle in first and it would compression lock the wheels LOL 

That's a nice profile cam the 517.  Sounds like just what your after and I love the lift, perfect for these engines.  With a decent, exhaust, two barrel or four barrel manifold, good ignition and tune I reckon it would make a nice daily with a bit of a kick.  I would mate this cam to a four barrel manifold with a 465 Holley.  Best of both worlds there, economy when you want it and decent cfm when you stand on it.  Going four barrel mani will also allow you the option to upgrade to a bigger carb (600DP etc) and solid when and if you get sick of the hydraulic - but I reckon you won't get sick of that combo.  Just make sure you dial the cam in correctly - none of this dot to dot stuff.   

Be real interesting to see what this combo would do down the 1/4.   Come on Mcfly get off the computer and go and build this so we can find out.  That's a good thing about these forums - all these different combo's and we all get to see the results rather than having to build them all ourselves to find out. 

Ive already got extractors, free flowing 2.5 exhaust with single muffler, slightly bigger valves on both intake and exhaust on the head.

I think I have to run a converter with 517, think I might just buy a converter, seems like im going to be wasting my time if I don't, and im going to change from 3.27 to 3.45 gears.

Ill have to start getting some bits together!