Sign in to follow this  
Ivanflo

Windscreen Antenna

Anyone have any experience with Windscreen Antenna's? In terms of sound quality, Are they as good as the normal? maybe they sound better? 

I want to get rid of the standard antenna on my XE Ghia. want too close off/bog that hole as well as the boot lock, the idea being too smooth out the body, accentuate the big flat surfaces.

I use a cheap (like $2) one from eBay in my ute, works fine. You noticed the difference in patchy radio areas though.

In my Dads XT, he has a much more expensive one that uses the rear Demisted as an antenna/amplifier, cost about $50, but you can tell his is better quality.

I did see the cheap ebay one, first place i looked, :) . $50 isn't too much, sounds reasonable. I was going to just not have am/fm, so $2 ebay antenna sounds good too.

I do intended to upgrade to a more expensive one (being a ute I don't have a rear demister though).

But yeah mostly I've noticed no real difference, except if you're traveling away from the signal source (if the tower is south of you and you're driving north), you'll loose reception quicker than if you had a traditional aerial.

But IMO cars look so much better without external aerials!