adrianphu123

changing sump without pulling motor

Just got to be a butcher and be prepared to jack the car up by the engine. Afterwards you need to hammer the half moons back into place cause they buckle with the force required :)

no idea on what yoru talking about  eclipse???

jack up car put up high on stands ,undo both engine mounts ,if you run a fan shroud undo this as well ,,remove front sway bar,jack up motor from bottom of bellhousing placing wood ontop of jack ,lift motor as high as required ,then undo sump, its not hard to get it out past pick up, ive done this on my host about 100 times ,when bone head owners jack car up from sump! 

i always pull the motor out do the sump, and put it on an engine stand so u can turn the motor upside down, it makes it heaps easier to clean the old sump gasket off and get the new one on.

no idea on what yoru talking about  eclipse???

jack up car put up high on stands ,undo both engine mounts ,if you run a fan shroud undo this as well ,,remove front sway bar,jack up motor from bottom of bellhousing placing wood ontop of jack ,lift motor as high as required ,then undo sump, its not hard to get it out past pick up, ive done this on my host about 100 times ,when bone head owners jack car up from sump! 

Pussies use hoists , on the ground on all fours is the only way to be fucked by a Falcooon :D

,lol ,i spent many years groveling around on a floor under many an x series coupe ,etc ,pussy ,right in your eyes ,

things change hoists make life a lot easier ,im not 16 anymore ,closer to 50 ,and if anything ,learning from my past ,taught me brains over stupidity ,works everytime ,so you lay on your cold concrete or muddy driveway while i stand up straight and stay warm dry ,

fu-fingersthumbs-up,-mickey-mouse,-swag-enjoy ,life i do !

Done it before. Seriously. I fkn hated it. Pull the engine out. Especially if your engine is carby.

Alternatively. Cut the fkn crossmember out and make a bolt on one. That crossmember gives me the shits.

next project haha!?

hey Wes ,being a n.s.welshman like yourself ,how do you think il go for rego if i make the xmember a bolt in

No idea bro. I'm sure it shouldn't be much of an issue. Fark. If that's the case, would make dropping engines in and out piss easy on a hoist. Give John from consulmotive a call. He's ok to talk to and eers on the safer side of engineering so if he gives it the thumbs up chances are many others will too. It's about who you know nowadays with engineering certs

,lol ,i spent many years groveling around on a floor under many an x series coupe ,etc ,pussy ,right in your eyes ,

things change hoists make life a lot easier ,im not 16 anymore ,closer to 50 ,and if anything ,learning from my past ,taught me brains over stupidity ,works everytime ,so you lay on your cold concrete or muddy driveway while i stand up straight and stay warm dry ,

fu-fingersthumbs-up,-mickey-mouse,-swag-enjoy ,life i do !

You make it sound easy when really it's not. I've taken sumps off this way in more then several old Ford's and it's a struggle at best, even with a hoist I'd presume.

mate pure an simple ,im a mechanic ,i never claim anything "to be easy" ,i specialize in ford in my workshop,but yet i have done almost every model of car ,changing sumps ,and yes there is a bit involved ,the question was "Can it be done" yes it can ,simple!