GspecZL

AU Trans with no computer?

I have decided to run an AU 4L in my ZL. I want to do it with an aussie speed manifold and carb set up to avoid using a computer.

Problem is what to do about the Transmission. The AU box requires a computer to control it. Is it possible to run it without it? Is there another Trans that is as good without a computer.

Also any feed back on the carb AU motor setup would be nice.

so thats what i would require a C4 with an AU bell housing. Cool. This all seems very doable.

Any thoughts on the carb fed AU motor?

so thats what i would require a C4 with an AU bell housing. Cool. This all seems very doable.

Any thoughts on the carb fed AU motor?

youll have to leave that one for the other guys, I reckon it would go better than a crossflow

in the mid 70s the yanks made a 4 speed auto i think it was called an AOD 4 SPEED AUTO it was not a computer controlled box used in both 6 and 8 cylinders cars,hunt ebay us to see what ones worth then see if someone in Aust may have one

in the mid 70s the yanks made a 4 speed auto i think it was called an AOD 4 SPEED AUTO it was not a computer controlled box used in both 6 and 8 cylinders cars,hunt ebay us to see what ones worth then see if someone in Aust may have one

how would you fit that to an au though, custom cut and shut bells?>

The early eb's (I think) used a standalone trans controller, would control an au trans just as well I would imagine.

Gotta be the easiest way to run a btr in a xfalcon.

This is the way and the windsors also have them and then hook up a TPS to the carby.

Aod's use a Windsor/ clevo bellhousing and the 6 cylinders are a v6 some use a unique bell housing (different to 4.0l) and some use the v8 pattern

i really would prefer a 4 speed trans. How hard would it be to get the eb trans computer to get the AU box going? Maybe i could just dump that on a auto elec.

Ea is easier to use unless it's a pre smartlock eb, currency doing this setup for the customline as im putting a btr behind the clevo in my customline, it works one of my mates has a single spinner running a carb'd Windsor with the btr 4 speed

I've seen two btr xflow Bellhousings, reportedly out of 92xf Utes, but rare as rocking horse shit<br />

So bellhousing is the biggest issue? The boxes bolt up fine otherwise?

Wonder if you can adapt any bellhousings... Similar to how you can drill out a 3spd manual bellhousing to bolt up to a T5.

We first had it manualised using microswitches on a b&m ratchet and a toggle switch to turn the lock up converter on and off, (of you left it on and came to a stop the engine would stall)

i would imagine you could manualise it. I think i read that. But then why have the auto. I wanna be lazy!

Laziness is great!! Hence why I want to keep the wagon auto... But an extra gear would be awesome.

I've seen two btr xflow Bellhousings, reportedly out of 92xf Utes, but rare as rocking horse shit

So bellhousing is the biggest issue? The boxes bolt up fine otherwise?

Wonder if you can adapt any bellhousings... Similar to how you can drill out a 3spd manual bellhousing to bolt up to a T5.

Never looked into it

I just thought of something, ea series one ran a borg Warner 40 behind a 3.9 (the difference between Au and e series Bellhousings is covered in my 4.0l thread) so you can go 3 speed and it will bolt to an Au engine (an xflow one won't though