Server maintenance Read more... ×
blackxt

fliping leaf springs

Has any one had good results with turning s few leafs over in the pack to lower ute,vans,station wagons. I was going to have a play with my ute and try get two inches lower on the leafs.

blocks are dangerous flipping a leaf wont hurt ,its quiet easy,take the 2nd smallest spring out and flipp it over so that it is oppposed to the other springs ,fit a long retaining bolt through the centre eyelet hole the get a big Gclamp and pull the springs together ,then replace the eyelet bolt with the original locating bolt ,this process will drop your ute van 4.5 inches if you use the 3rd spring itl dropp it to bump stops

999013_4844342998620_974424099_n.jpg

In NSW, blocks are illegal unless originally fitted by the manufacturer. They increase axle tramp and spring wind-up, and also place higher loads on the u-bolts. Flipping a spring would technically be illegal but there is no way to prove it has been done.

Hey Nath, remember how boaty and arse about the Cuzzo used to sit? It had flipped leaves eventually broke the main leaf on the drivers side, but in saying that your not dealing with leaves that are 50+ years old

One thing you have to remember a 351 with a 2500 stall all put more twist on the springs than a 4.0, but of your springs are worn I wouldn't flip them

Also I just looked under the ute I've only got 4 leafs . And it doesnt look like the third down is doing bugger all untill there is great load on them . Are these one ton springs. Will it still make a difference.

Dam this thread! Got me all motivated to have a crack at my au. Spent a few hours on it before giving up. I think the au leafs are too long