Sign in to follow this  
93xf

Removing Xflow and gearbox

Does anyone know if the motor and t5 can be removed as one from an XF by dropping the fan and radiator etc? Or does the motor have to come out of the car separate of the gearbox??

Thanks.

just remember to remove the gear stick and fit a dumby shaft to the rear of t5 ,also unhook hand brake cable as itl snag the rear of the box,yes i know a lot of you dont do this but i do bc as i stated,plus it help when you go for the 75 degree lift angle

Yep completely doable but for the sake of 4 bolts on the gearbox I'd just separate them. Otherwise, you need some serious angle and height on the engine/box to clear everything, not easy with some smaller engine hoists and with the front end up on ramps/stands.

easy as ,take off the front wheels if your hoist doesnt go that high and let the car down on stands ,theres a whole world of pain spliting it ,get it up on stands ramps ,then the bellhousing is useally to tall to pull out under the xmember so you need to jack the car up ,then you drag the box out then need to remove the stands ramps

2 starter motor bolts 4x cross member bolts, inspection cover bolts x4, ,,4 or 6  bellhousing bolts ,to much ,do it on the floor later lol

while having a beer or bourbon,or 3

i just stick front wheels on 2 pavers high to clear the legs of crane under the lower controll arms.

This was in my garage and i didnt have any height issues getting it out.

Undid the 2 bolts on gearstick for the T5 and left the plate and short stick still bolted to the top of box.

Used tailshaft yoke to bung the rear up and i got a spare speedo cable cut to block the speedo hole as oil will leak out of there also when you tilt it back. and voilah out she came. Falcons have bigger bays so you should get it out peice of piss.

Engine-Bang-6-9-2011-05.jpg