P100_Ute

P100's 1979 TE Cortina Ghia

Thort i'd throw this up over here also. but fast track it a bit.

Picked this up in Feb 2011. it was a 4cyl Auto.

1979-TE-GHIA-02.jpg
1979-TE-GHIA-04.jpg
1979-TE-GHIA-10.jpg

Got some new plates for it thanks to Sean.

Corty-Plate-Old.jpg
Corty-Plate-New.jpg

Swapped the 4cyl Auto out for a 6 Cyl T5 Manual (July 2011)

Corty-4Cyl-Removal-01.jpg
Corty-4Cyl-Removal-07.jpg
Corty-4Cyl-Removal-08.jpg
Corty-4Cyl-Removal-09.jpg
Corty-4Cyl-Removal-10.jpg

6cyl in

Corty-6Cyl-Install-01.jpg

Need to cut hole to Suit T5

Corty-6Cyl-Install-03.jpg
Corty-6Cyl-Install-04.jpg
Corty-6Cyl-Install-08.jpg
Corty-6Cyl-Install-09.jpg

Engine went BANG on the freeway one morning. (September 2011)

Engine-Bang-6-9-2011-01.jpg
Engine-Bang-6-9-2011-05.jpg
Engine-Bang-6-9-2011-08.jpg
Engine-Bang-6-9-2011-09.jpg
Engine-Bang-6-9-2011-10.jpg
Engine-Bang-6-9-2011-11.jpg
Engine-Bang-6-9-2011-12.jpg

spare engine in shed all ready to go in. new oil pump and gaskets all round.

Engine-Bang-6-9-2011-13.jpg

Did a "Trash The Dress" shoot in October 2012 to get rid of the wifes dress as its sitting around collecting dust

TTD0.jpg
TTD3.jpg
TTD5.jpg
TTD6.jpg

Professional pix
TTD-Corty1.jpg
TTD-Corty2.jpg
TTD-Corty3.jpg
TTD-Corty4.jpg

Time to upgrade the Diff to something a little stronger and Falcon 5 Stud pattern.
I did some Measuring of Diffs and some googleing. I have seen others have used Hilux diffs but due to their width you either need to run deep dish or nothing as they are 100mm shorter than the standard Cortina diff.

Today i pulled out a diff out of a 1992 Hiace. Its a G series like the Hilux so it has a 8" Crownwheel and 30 spline axles and its only 20mm shorter than a Cortina. Weighs in a 85 Kilo which felt roughly the same weight as the Corty diff so thats not bad.

I also got some Disc Brakes to suit it off a 1998 Tarago which uses a 291mm Rotor and has internal handbrake which keeps it all neat.

TF-Diff-02-1510mm.jpg
RN41-Hilux-Diff-1410mm.jpg
Toyota-Hiace-Diff-1490mm.jpg
---
Toyota-Hiace-Diff1.jpg
Toyota-Hiace-Diff2.jpg
Toyota-Tarago-Discs.jpg
Toyota-Nissan-Disc-Brake-Adaptor.jpg

The hiace/hilux has falcon stud pattern and stuff doesn't it? How does everyone else do the 5 stud conversion, modify a falcon diff?

The hiace/hilux has falcon stud pattern and stuff doesn't it? How does everyone else do the 5 stud conversion, modify a falcon diff?

I got a diff built by Dave (pro250) with spool and falcon axles cut and resplined then he makes a backing plate and chucks on falcon discs and calipers. Just need to run AU on offset rims. Others just redrill the corty axles.

Yes Hilux/Hiace runs Falcon Stud Pattern.

i have both sitting here in shed and will get them both fabbed up to suit the car. so when i can afford a set of Convo Pro's i'll swap to the HiLux diff and bobs ya uncle.

I have thort about the normal setup using cutdown falcon diff etc but i have descided to go this way as i think these diffs are stronger than the borg warners.

they have 30 spline axles. i know people have broken them before but lots of people in the drag industry run them under rx3's running 9's etc.

the axles are 33mm wide compared to the bw78 28 spline axles which are 30mm. And i like to try different things. and diffs are pretty cheap to source if things go wrong. for the diff + disc brakes to suit its $400..  and cost me bugger all to get my fabricator to swap over the mounting brackets from a corty diff to the hiace/hilux diff. got put onto a shop that can whip me up a tailshaft for about $300. so for under $1000. looking at almost bulletproof diff thats not a 9inch

Cool photos of the wedding dress. Most chicks will hang onto them for years and years, never wear them again..........

Yeh hence why we did it. It did cost me a trip to tiffanys in new york tho. so 25k for new york trip + trip to tiffanys = pricey way to destroy wedding dress.

Wats the plan for the front upgrade?

May speak to a PRO..   Dave? msg me your price.

First present arrived already. Went and picked them up today.

CRS 5 Stud Brake upgrade off another forum member for a absolute bargain so i had to take it.

1071560_10151769848053738_2021661239_o.j

picked up a set of extractors for the car and fitted them over the last 2 days.

engine mount off completly and lift engine up to fit them.. other than that and a quick buff of bellhousing with grinder. they slipped in no worries...

1504488_10152457414588738_29368812287683

Truckloads. Neighbours loved it last night straight off extractors. We got a test n tune street down the road here in Kwinana that I might test its powerskid capabilitys on. Then Wednesday night might take to Woop Ass Wednesday at Kwinana Motorplex and see its 1/4 mile time