PH351

4 Litre into XD-XF, Which one? Why?

I just re read your fist post, personally if I was building a turbo engine I would go Au, at least later if you get serious you can use aftermarket crank/rods/pistons to suit a barra engine without serious machine work to fit

I figured that might be the go when suggested to go the EF head for more comp. I was going to ask today. Just read your other 4.0 thread too, subscribed.

Is there any clearance problems with an AU alloy sump in an X series?

I was looking at running a C4 behind mine for two reasons, no computer ( going aussiespeed manifold and carb on engine) and well, I got one sitting in the garage.

Is there any problems with mating a C4 up behind a AU 4.0l?

Im thinking of looking for a donor car for my FE as soon as my wagon moves on. I want to run power steer and air on. Can I use the complete AU motor with bolt ons (a/c, pwr str, alt) as is or do I have to mix and match. Can they be set up for a dizzy? If I happened to score one with a T5 and I run straight gas do I need the computer? I want to buy as much as possible before hand before I pull mine apart.

to run the serpentine belt you will want an xh air con bracket and a little grinding on the tensioner, use the rest of the au setup, e series alternator doesn't fit 99 and newer engines, dizzy drop straight in, an au t5 has the shifter housing 35mm further back than earlier t5's, ea t5 mounts works with e series t5's, you could use a tfi dizzy and an msd as a few have run in xflow's or modify a xe dizzy to fit the 4.0 to ditch the ecu if running straight lpg

sorry to relive a old post.
but also if your using the aussiespeed carby manifold. keep in mind if you want to use xd-xe-xf distributer you will run into clearance issues with the manifold and distributor. so you willl have to use a aussiespeed dizzy.

this is if you want to run a old style dizzy like a xe dizzy  and run a centrepoint manifold or log manifold, bbm manifold with a gas ring and plug up the fuel injector holes.

but make sure you get the bottom lip of your dizzy machined. and put a 4.0l cog on it upside down in the right place. i ended up sending my dizzy. into ignition torque bayswater the dude there knows what his doing with the dizzys. if you do it wrong you will end up with a heap of metal filings in your oil.  then  make your own bracket to hold the dizzy in place aswell

hope i make sense. my eyesights a bit blurry atm.