hendrixhc

Hendrixhc's Long Term XCGS Project!

2,248 posts in this topic

Cheers guys. Ill give her a scrub up and puts some shine on the rubber. Should look better.

I got all new swaybars and brakes to go on now, slotted and dimpled rotors.

Ill give the calipers a clean and paint as well no that you can see them.

Plus now the diff will fit ill start prepping the 345 to retrofit.

deankdx and Valvebouncer like this

What brand rotors did you go with, DBAs or RDAs? Was just gonna say the paint they come with lasts about 6 months, I sprayed mine while they were still new knowing I'd only have to do it down the track anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So the NC shit box has finally gone to the scrappers and the hoist is one again free for use.

I chucked Lucy on there and had a look at the starter motor. The start solenoid screws were loose and hanging out, Bingo fixed. But Nup started alright for a few goes then went back to being a stubborn shit again.

I decided to do the brakes while she was up in the air. Piece of cake - all done only the peddle is soft as shit now.

So shes been chucked back on the hoist and the door shut down on the shed for the rest of the day.

I think ill just bite the bullet and get anew starter motor for her. Nothing fucks me off more than a car that gives me troubles.

6ab9a41a16b167b2e3c3452f12e2d7f6.jpg

Valvebouncer and gerg like this

Those brakes look fancy.

I run a AU 6cyl starter in the windsor, have to do the mods to it but it’s never let me down, winds over fast too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gerg likes this

Not sure what’s up with Tapatalk but none of my comments show up?

So you got a 6 cyl one?

I drilled the mounting holes out, and you grind the nose of it so the starter will engage the ring gear, put them side by side and you will see. It’s a 5 minute job.

They are a lot smaller than the traditional Cleveland style starter.

gerg likes this

Yeah i was thinking of getting one and retro fitting it. Are they physically smaller as well?

Sure are, better for extractors, etc but can run into clearance issues on the drag link/pitman arm with the solenoid main terminal. Mine cleared by a bee's dick but cleared nonetheless.

I went back to the old Bosch type because the reduction one shit itself and I prefer the old school clunk and whirring sound over the high-pitched gear whine.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Sure are, better for extractors, etc but can run into clearance issues on the drag link/pitman arm with the solenoid main terminal. Mine cleared by a bee's dick but cleared nonetheless.

I went back to the old Bosch type because the reduction one shit itself and I prefer the old school clunk and whirring sound over the high-pitched gear whine.

Yeah dead right about the drag link pitman arm, mine clear...just.

gerg likes this

Not sure what’s up with Tapatalk but none of my comments show up?

So you got a 6 cyl one?

I drilled the mounting holes out, and you grind the nose of it so the starter will engage the ring gear, put them side by side and you will see. It’s a 5 minute job.

They are a lot smaller than the traditional Cleveland style starter.

Yeah 5/16" out to 3/8", run a through-bolt and nut on the lower hole instead of threaded and screwed in through the beklhousing, cut snout reinforcing back by one rib on the lower side (I think). I did mine with a hacksaw. Will need spacer if running a manual box. There's a thread on here that shows you everything you need to know.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php?/topic/2607-au-starter-in-cleveland/&share_tid=2607&share_fid=64023&share_type=t

NZXD likes this

19 hours ago, hendrixhc said:

So the NC shit box has finally gone to the scrappers and the hoist is one again free for use.

I chucked Lucy on there and had a look at the starter motor. The start solenoid screws were loose and hanging out, Bingo fixed. But Nup started alright for a few goes then went back to being a stubborn shit again.

I decided to do the brakes while she was up in the air. Piece of cake - all done only the peddle is soft as shit now.

So shes been chucked back on the hoist and the door shut down on the shed for the rest of the day.

I think ill just bite the bullet and get anew starter motor for her. Nothing fucks me off more than a car that gives me troubles.

6ab9a41a16b167b2e3c3452f12e2d7f6.jpg

what brakes are those? VT ? calipers UPC kit. if so they ideally need a bigger bore master cyl i think.