LoSVO

Xe front clip onto XF

Hey guys i am thinking of putting a xe front clip onto my xf S pack (i want a xe but they cost to much) and painting jade green (love the color ) just wondering how hard it is to get the front clip and if it will just bolt on?

Bolts on I think, wiring for headlights will be different.

Think you'll have to do something to make the bumper bolt up, I might be wrong. This is going off stuff I've read elsewhere.

Yes slot where the XE light fits needs to be welded up and the wiring is different on the lights but easy enough to sort out by checking continuety with a multimeter or just twitching till you get it right.If fitting a XE Ghia front the a stock XE bonnet can be re sized to fit the wider lights too. 

i'd prob go the xe ghia front, lowered, they look so 'take me out the back and pull my hair'. also you may have to either insert your own or clean up the wiring for the indicator in the front bumper (if yours has one) as the xe's didnt have these

i'd prob go the xe ghia front, lowered, they look so 'take me out the back and pull my hair'.

hahahaha so true, i know SA is a bit far but if the price it right lol im on centerlink (lol im only 18 and cant find a panel beating apprenticeship) so i dont have much spending money lol i would also consider a xd front not as sexy but nice and muscly :P  

I put an XE Front end on an 87 XF GL I had.....It all bolted up fine with no mods needed (not that I noticed at the time anyways)

Only thing was I needed the steel bumperettes (the two bits the front bar mounts to) aswell as the front bar so that the grille was able to be mounted properly

With the Headlights, it was just a matter of cutting of the XE plug on the light (or XF plug on the loom) and replacing with the XF plug (or XE plug if you cut the loom)........All the wire colours were matching

enlighten us on the cost? ^_^

XE front wont be hard, but when you go to buy paint jade green, you'll get a nasty shock, its a rare colour and to do my hole car in 2k is fucking expensive.

neil i was wondering how long it would take for you to comment lol :P, and i did expect it to be expensive but i will say the dont stock up on falcon paints the example you used is false lol my svo is stark white (code Z) and the paint shop has to make/blend it for me haha the nimbus grey on the other hand now that cost's a arm and a leg lol i got 500mm of it and it was 80 - 90 bucks :(