Tweaker351

Funny Photos/Pictures

After driving in Melbourne’s busy traffic rush this afternoon I must say that I’d be looking forward to driverless cars. Some people driving cars on the road are so brainless and distracted these days. Without a word of a lie, I saw 3 nose to tail accidents probably no further than 30km of freeway driving Maybe whoever created Snapchat & Facebook are actually owners of big smash repair companies

2 hours ago, Ando81 said:

After driving in Melbourne’s busy traffic rush this afternoon I must say that I’d be looking forward to driverless cars. Some people driving cars on the road are so brainless and distracted these days. Without a word of a lie, I saw 3 nose to tail accidents probably no further than 30km of freeway driving emoji849.png Maybe whoever created Snapchat & Facebook are actually owners of big smash repair companies emoji1787.png

cops are on a rampage at the moment due to the road toll being the same as last years total already? wonder why.. 

i think a lot of people JUST CAN"T DRIVE.. Old, distracted, got their license in another country(why cant they be tested here before driving? seems a good idea to Me)

a lot of cars are already driverless.. aka the people behind the wheel aren't driving.. they are fidgeting, distracted or off their face on tired or drugs etc

I've been to Lebanon 3 times, and it is fucking mental. I mean someone overtaking someone else overtaking a truck, with another truck heading the opposite way. Traffic signals and traffic controllers are just a suggestion. Someone rushes up the parking lane to cut in front of you, only to turn into the next side street. Tunnels with lights completely blacked out (power is only part-time). Speed humps are just randomly installed, unmarked and not signposted, on highways where people do 120 without a sweat. Trucks leave no room to pass on village roads.

Yet I saw not one accident. This descent into total bedlam taught me that being ready for the worst, while stressful, saves your life much more effectively than a 5-star ANCAP rating.

Cars (and driving in general) nowdays are too isolated from real-world physics. Put someone in a comfortable lounge chair with outside sounds blocked, music and entertainment systems blaring, everything on the vehicle power-assisted or fully automated, and the senses are no longer alerted.

We also expect everyone to follow the rules, and aren't ready for when the shit hits the fan. Isolation from the danger and complacency is the big killer.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, gerg said:

Cars (and driving in general) nowdays are too isolated from real-world physics. Put someone in a comfortable lounge chair with outside sounds blocked, music and entertainment systems blaring, everything on the vehicle power-assisted or fully automated, and the senses are no longer alerted.

30yrs ago a bloke i worked with said people in volvos are the worst drivers because they think they are safe in the safest car..
His suggestion was to put a Knife into the steering wheel(air bag these days) where people would be too scared to crash would fix the problem.. this makes more sense now.
a mate of mine won't drive in the gemini because He believes it's not Me he's worried about, its the other dick in a landstalker taking the kids to school with music blaring, screamin kids and an i phone in use.. i drive very defensively in the gemini.. when i had the lexus LS400 i was more like "BATTLE READY"