EgoXF

EGO: my XD/F ute

$18-$20 an hour?

114b5bf87492c935f08333b2ca117ab5.jpg819b5c994587e093444517022ab9ce62.jpg9a04e34362e9092cb95e4189da1051bf.jpg
That adult apprentice wage was similar to what I got. You start at 2nd/3rd year rate as an incentive/helper but the increase per year was like 50-80c an hour until I qualified, then I think I got around $23/hr. Only made things work with overtime and boss didn't want to give paid overtime when things were slow (was always paid though)

Thanks to everybody for the advice and the offers! I really appreciate that. The good news is that I have been offered a trial for a panel beating apprenticeship and I start on monday. I'll be working for peter at wonthaggi accident repairs, he's the guy that did my paint and panel. I think panel beating will be a good move for me, and I know most of the guys in there which will take some pressure off. It's also in town which means much less money for petrol and more money for the ute and house loan.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Spac!
1b054ff1c6222a2cb5a9e059e555526f.jpg
I'll take a proper photo once it's back off and painted, but this photo shows my lower mount for my grill. The mount goes from one side to the other and I'll mount the horn and a washer bottle off of it if I can
df7b297b37956102cf2fefda8fa9d07d.jpg

sounds good! 
working local to home is a big plus these days
Yeah absolutely, I could be there on my pushbike in 15 minutes. I'll save $100 a week on fuel

1 hour ago, EgoXF said:

I could be there on my pushbike in 15 minutes

every time i think of this.. i end up also thinking.. i could drive there in 5 mins. 

Congrats on the new start, I'm sure with your pre-existing skills and interests, you'll go well. Most often, we become good at what we like doing, and if the boss there has his head screwed on properly, will recognise this. Panel beating is a dying art so it will be a sought-after trade in future, just look at RedRover's jobs, they just keep coming in.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Love the vid, great idea! Your build reminds me alot of mine whereas you got a neat paintjob then get stuck cleaning up every last little bit before fitment, it's impossible to screw old looking crap onto mint paint and panel. I like the hidden compartment and all the small things that are a big improvement on factory original. It's coming along real nice, looking forward to more updates dude.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the good feedback guys! I'll keep making the videos. That's exactly where I am now mental, everything has to be repainted or replaced or I've got to make a whole new piece.

Can anybody send me a photo of how these go back together please? Haha. It's been years since it came apart31abbb9ca87902b63d2ad535b88e55ca.jpg

1 hour ago, EgoXF said:

Can anybody send me a photo of how these go back together please? Haha. It's been years since it came apart31abbb9ca87902b63d2ad535b88e55ca.jpg

What part of the car are they for mate? Well done with the build to mate killing it 

Is that the 1/4 window hinge/mechanism/latch thingy?