EgoXF

EGO: my XD/F ute

1,542 posts in this topic

Didn't want to waste forum space by making a new thread so I'll post it here. I'm putting the 5L in the XF and I've just noticed that the mounts are far too wide for the brackets. Are there wider ones in v8 cars or are they shimmed? Also, i noticed that there are only 2 bolts holding each mount on do the v8s have extra? Cheers907372f59c18406617efbb171b51d688.jpg0b6bb5af117c110e7cba37c567857762.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You'll need to get yourself some v8 xd/xe base plates
Thanks that's what i thought. I think I've got access to some

Im going to get some of the tuff mounts from the Rod Shop when i stick the weezer in the XG.

EgoXF likes this

nice beaver...

those 2 bolts missing on the 6cyl mounts may have had power steering hose clamps on them prior? they had 4 bolts originally anyway.

V8 base mounts as mentioned should drop it straight in. but i cant remember if you'll need to mess with the gearbox mount?(maybe a T5 bent one? might be needed)

gerg likes this

nice beaver...
those 2 bolts missing on the 6cyl mounts may have had power steering hose clamps on them prior? they had 4 bolts originally anyway.
V8 base mounts as mentioned should drop it straight in. but i cant remember if you'll need to mess with the gearbox mount?(maybe a T5 bent one? might be needed)

Gearbox crossmember should have everything sitting where it was with the 6, provided the same gearbox and early V8 bell housing are used. T5 banana crossmember is same for 6 or 8 all else being equal. Mine took an EA T5 on a modded toploader bell and the EA T5 crossmember slotted right in.

The problems come up when you start using E-series V8 bits, namely boxes and bellhousings as they are 5/8" longer in the input and deeper in the bell housing to suit. These are Mustang spec Windsor bits.

I think this conversion is going to be harder to mix and match than it first seems. For instance, you can't use a clevo bell as they are to suit a 164-tooth flywheel. You need a 157 tooth bell unless going with the Aussie BTR 4-speed auto, which from what Thom says, is for a 164 tooth flexplate. If it!'s going to be manual, an aftermarket bell might have to happen.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

........and maybe install the power steering lines while you're down there. Easier with the donk out, as Dean said, the clamps are held by the engine mount bolts.

I'm using an EF v8 BTR 4 speed so there's no issues mating it to the engine. Crossmember I am unsure of but im assuming that an XH crossmember would fit?

gerg likes this

16 hours ago, EgoXF said:

Mine was always super sloppy. The box was flogged out too

For a minute i thought i had gone into NSFW thread and were talking about old girlfriends!

Ando81, bear351c and EgoXF like this

For a minute i thought i had gone into NSFW thread and were talking about old girlfriends!

Ha ha well done mate, talking of things sloppy. My ex was like that maybe she should have been a doctor, seeing someone different every 15 minutes 🤬
hendrixhc and EgoXF like this