EgoXF

EGO: my XD/F ute

1,576 posts in this topic

Also yes I know the headlight isn't aligned properly haha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Speaking of headlights, are you going to strip/clean/revive them or are they ok as-is? Reason why I ask, is that I've seen a few XEs with the "smoky eye" look and I 'll be doing that on mine. Easily done by painting the inside of the buckets a dark colour and just leaving the reflectors silver. Have you thought about doing this on yours?

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Yeah i did consider that look but I cant think of a decent way to continue the black into the indicator, I don't want to night shade them.

gerg likes this

I've painted the headlights a similar colour to ego. I didnt want them body colour and I didnt want them black or silver so I chose this. e0d6d38618d5063f0dce90e3384739bf.jpg

Outback Jack and gerg like this

Yeah i did consider that look but I cant think of a decent way to continue the black into the indicator, I don't want to night shade them.

Yeah that is a dilemma, i thought about black pinstripes around the outline of the indicator lens but that's starting to get a bit carried away.

I have another idea for mine: paint the inside of the headlight bucket amber to match the blinker, a la Mustang SVO style. Just another out there idea to go to sleep with lol

EgoXF likes this

Can anybody tell me from which side this goes in? I didn't remove it so I have no clue haha. cba20aa280744138e895386d18368eab.jpg

Outback Jack likes this

Yeah that is a dilemma, i thought about black pinstripes around the outline of the indicator lens but that's starting to get a bit carried away.

I have another idea for mine: paint the inside of the headlight bucket amber to match the blinker, a la Mustang SVO style. Just another out there idea to go to sleep with lol

That might look alright! Definitely something different

gerg likes this

2 hours ago, EgoXF said:

Can anybody tell me from which side this goes in? I didn't remove it so I have no clue haha. cba20aa280744138e895386d18368eab.jpg

took me about a minute before i understood the question,( i was thinking upside down first ? it only snakes it's way in one way... )

mask /protect the ute body and even the fuel cap area part(wrap it in a Tshirt etc? .. it's a tight ish fit goes in from the outside of the car

(also don't rice up the lights)

Edited by deankdx
don't rice up the lights

That'd be like the 'large' person, who keep's knocking things off the table when they get up, or turn around...
Too much wheel arch. :P

6 hours ago, gerg said:

Ricer?

4fa6d072bf6c8dc7d5a2aeae54f64d2b.jpg

can't tell from that angle. i approve of the abov

Tank looks good in silver. Not that it will matter as im hoping to cover it up anyway 25f7ec601865852aaabdc0642399a1ff.jpg

Outback Jack likes this

On Wednesday, May 09, 2018 at 8:51 AM, gerg said:

Ricer?4fa6d072bf6c8dc7d5a2aeae54f64d2b.jpg

Almost, yeah.

Nice clean and bright headlights (like new factory XE lights) for me. But then again, I like XFs so WTF would I know, haha.

Outback Jack and gerg like this

I had some paint flake off in the engine bay when I removed the tape after I painted the bottom of the bay. Ill take blame for that, I prepped the bay before it was painted and their must have been some brake fluid or something on there. I prepped her yesterday and pete was kind enough to come over today to flick some paint on it for me. 871c8b9dcafe55a07071b525be7616c2.jpgda49d3d42d1050d2c28f46b050cd079f.jpg

Valvebouncer, Outback Jack and gerg like this

what's the reason for going manual steer? (besides better turning circle, no more leaks, less weight, and anything else you list)

Ando81 likes this

Finally got a manual box for it57ae0f0e6453adc2460991bedd9e0c4d.jpg

Bugger should have asked us. I have one that's working fine and is doing a really good job as a paper weight. Could've had it for postage.

EgoXF likes this

Pretty much all the reasons you listed dean as well as cool factor, I'm a little strange and like my cars to be simple. I also like the idea of my weekend car being a completely different experience to my daily driver, so manual steer, no a/c, carby v8, big scoop on the bonnet, manualised auto and all of that kind of thing. That way its special every time I get in it

SLO247, Ando81, deankdx and 2 others like this

Bugger should have asked us. I have one that's working fine and is doing a really good job as a paper weight. Could've had it for postage.

Bugger! I did put a couple of posts up but you must have missed them. Cheers anyway!

gerg likes this

Bugger! I did put a couple of posts up but you must have missed them. Cheers anyway!

I'm going the other way and fitting power steer to mine. Not because it's too heavy (it's actually pretty good for a V8) but was sick of the 5 turns lock-to-lock. The Mrs won't drive it like that so i thought I'd go power. Plus it's a daily, not a weekender. Could you possibly source a 16:1 box down the track? The 20:1 gets a bit tiresome around the city that's all.

EgoXF and Outback Jack like this

I've taken the front end out of the car to paint and replace everything. I've also started mounting the battery but found that i couldn't get the battery passed the top ledge into the box, so I've cut the front of the box off and im gluing tabs so it so that I can slide the front in and out of the box which will give me the clearence i need469891fb0c317789bec77d773988236e.jpgdc85c4f5fc287d4cbca94442a9bc1729.jpg42c1a11774e20be6e9772acc36f85a01.jpg1fe450f9d343a4e9c9144aec43173bb7.jpgbb264d56c51247cf52903c7ea5d6cf94.jpg