EgoXF

EGO: my XD/F ute

1,422 posts in this topic

gday all! im brand new to this site so i thought i would share my build. so here is my 91 XF ute which was given to me by my parants as my first car. she's painted in envy Green from the BA falcons, and it has other modifications here and there. everything had been done on a budget as i'm in year twelve and earn next to nothing, but luckily I work at Autobarn so i get a great discount on parts and know lots of people who play with similar models to get parts from. 

so there you go! :D next things on the list is polish her with some wet look, put it back together and get it on the road! 

howd you find having the drop sheet on the roof for crap landing in the clear ,was there much or if any.

it helped a lot, we had a real problem with dust in the past but the drop sheets seamed to collect most of it 

revhead likes this

been looking into the history of this ute. from the holes that i found in the roof under some bog and the fact that it was a tradies pack i'm going to guess that it was a council ute originally. after that it was owned by a plumber who added the capret and a few other bits and pieces such as the ghia snowflakes. 

If you ring 13 FORD they can tell you how it was built and where it was sold.

Good to see a thread over here, ute is looking awesome!!

thanks mate ill give that a try! would be great to know its exact history :) 

From memory you'll need your SIDO and VIN, and I think have to send them a copy of photo id and rego papers

ahhh yeah too easy! 

hey who sketched your signature photo? its good!

the ute is now so close to being on the road i can feel it! its only down to the small things now so another weeks work and i should be able to get a permit for it. our only problem now is that we are missing a few stupid bits and pieces such as the window runners and the some of the linkages that go to the exterior handles. a few years ago dad gave it to a backyard panel beater to fix a few dents in the rear quarter, and we went back there to find it completely striped down which isn't what we wanted. so we took it home, payed the bastard and when we went to get the rest of the parts back we found out that he had fled to W.A. two months later the paint on the rear arch started to crack and we sanded it back to find that it was actually bog cracking, so we stripped out the bog and found that instead of fixing our small dent, he had smashed the whole arch in and reshaped it with lots and lots of bog. so moral of the story is, before you go to a backyarder, check out his background first!

revhead likes this

the ute is now so close to being on the road i can feel it! its only down to the small things now so another weeks work and i should be able to get a permit for it. our only problem now is that we are missing a few stupid bits and pieces such as the window runners and the some of the linkages that go to the exterior handles. a few years ago dad gave it to a backyard panel beater to fix a few dents in the rear quarter, and we went back there to find it completely striped down which isn't what we wanted. so we took it home, payed the bastard and when we went to get the rest of the parts back we found out that he had fled to W.A. two months later the paint on the rear arch started to crack and we sanded it back to find that it was actually bog cracking, so we stripped out the bog and found that instead of fixing our small dent, he had smashed the whole arch in and reshaped it with lots and lots of bog. so moral of the story is, before you go to a backyarder, check out his background first!

sorry to hear that. they are out there. I bought a 400 clevo of a bloke. I went around there to pick it up, spent like 2 hours there going through his stuff trying to find all the pieces for it. he had an edelblock carb to go with it. when we were looking at it and he said. oh ill clean it up for you, free of charge because you were understanding with helping me find all the parts blah blah blah. so I said yeah all good, no probs. he said he'll give me a call in a couple days. ha, 5 days went by, I started to call. no response. 2 weeks later, phone was cut off. the shed he was in, had a letter nailed to the door, 'EVICTION' and under that big title, 'In response to non-payment of rent' After weeks and weeks of trying to call and going around there, bashing on the door, I ended up paying a mate to sit out the front because I could still see through the windows all his welders etc were there. not cheap crap either so I knew he was coming back eventually. about 2 days went by and eventually he showed up and started packing his stuff. I got a phone call, 'hey tom, hes here'. Great timing, lunchtime so I got my guys in the car and headed around there. boy, the look on his face. urr um urr yeah about that, urr I was going to call you, I haven't had time, I can do it tomorrow. yeah that wasn't going to fly. so we ended up leaving with my carb, and a few other things as interest. lol. sometimes you cant trust people, even if they seem like a great bloke (I know, im a great bloke lol) everyone says, oh we need laws for this, but how can you police shonky people when you have people who don't ask questions and pay in cash. I always make sure, everything I do, that I may see a shonky future in, I always pay by card and get a receipt. those little things in life we learn.

EgoXF likes this

that would piss me off haha. you really cant trust some people, but occasionally you get the real genuine people who do an awesome job. but yeah, keep reciets and pay by card to protect yourself is all you can do :)