Sign in to follow this  
PHASE 5

low Oil Pressure on my 302c

Gave the girl a bit of a sqirt up a hill and noticed i lost my oil pressure normally it would cruise at 3/4 but now just above red can anyone give me a guide of what to check off to see what has happened ? I check yesterday the oil level and all was ok will need to check tomorrow when there is light and it's cooled down.

clevelands suffer poor oil; pressure with stock pumps they tend to be horrible on idle ,id be looking at getting a hipo oil pump while youve got the sump off check big ends as well 

get a sc oil gauge and fit it up to the oil sender ,then start the car and watch the gauge ,get one of those oil gauges with the little plastic pipe ,just make it as a tool to use under the bonnet and youl be able to see how much PSI you have

he has a point ^

failing that, buy a mechanical pressure gauge (the ones that bleed air out), check it on that, now, its not uncommon for oil pumps to seize... so it could be that also.

tested up fine change the sender unit twice first time the gauge would just move to the high side and not move the second one the gauge goes half way  so i gathered it's the dash gauge that needs to be changed.

keep in mind if your getting a clevo built ask the builder to sleeve the lifter holes in the block ,the sleeves that they fit have a 1 mil hole v,s the 3 mil hole in the block  thus slowing the oil to the heads,and keeping oil around the crank