Sign in to follow this  
jamie247

has anyone bought ROCKET industries crate engine

Hi

Check out this link. I know the guys who fitted this engine and they are a very reputable shop in North Queensland that has been around for a long time. I spoke with the owner regarding this motor and needless to say his dealings with Rocket now as a supplier are no longer existant. This was run in on the dyno in the States where it was built by a supposedly big name workshop. Once these guys here in Oz stripped it the internals were conflicting to the build sheet. The best advice I can give mate is to shop local and research around on the forums. AFF can help point you in the right direction depending on Windsor or Cleveland Builds.

Cheers

dicko1980

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.463790300323030.92414.446239552078105&type=3

i'll check it out I just saw rocket supplying all the cars etc on gasoline etc

Yeah mate I watch the show, but remember any program like Gasolene will have to push the sponsers products to keep the show funded. Check out this link if your a member on the AFF site. It will point you in the right direction if you choose a crate motor from the States. If you check out the Rocket site they don't have any Clevo's, so all their builds come direct from the States with their markup on top.

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11392151&highlight=crate

Cheers

dicko1980

Taken straight from the other crate engine thread...

My boy Marty bought a GM Performance 383 4 bolt short for his Impala.Dressed it with some AFR heads,RPM air gap and a 750 Hardcore Ultra.

No complaints about it other than the dudes at Rocket scratched my new Falcon when we picked it up.

A workmate got a remanufactured B&M TH350 through Rocket, went to tighten some fitting into the housing and the whole thing broke in half.

They found that the casing was paper-thin. They got the run-around from Rocket, getting bounced back-and forth between them and B&M in the States, being accused of abusing the gearbox (the thing hadn't even been started). Eventually after a lot of arguing, they took it back. He went with a powerglide.

ok not sounding good I mays well contact pavtek and pay the xtra

Where are you located Jamie?

I may be able to recommend you a decent workshop for a stroker build or they will be able to have a chat and come up with a combo that is realistic to what your after. I am in the same situation at the moment. I really thought that I needed to have a 550HP+ stroker clevo for my ute but realistically I am really after something that will be more orientated for the street with heaps of torque down low. The problem with today is that everyone is all HP crazy and think that they need big cubes and dyno queen figures. When in reality there is nothing wrong with 351 cubes and decent heads for 90% of applications. The best advice I can give mate is work out what you really want in a combo and go from there. If you are not honest with yourself you will not be happy with the final outcome and it will also cost you a lot more $$$ in the end.

Cheers

i'm in Maryborough qld mate yeah I understand what your saying and yes a 351 is still on tap IMO

Hi James

Ray from Straight Line Performance, Piabla has built a few race ski boat engines for a mate of mine in Hervey Bay. I have never dealt with him but my mate highly recommended in as said that we was a old school engine builder who has been around for a long time and is gives a great product and is honest to deal with.

Cheers

dicko1980

Hi James

Ray from Straight Line Performance, Piabla has built a few race ski boat engines for a mate of mine in Hervey Bay. I have never dealt with him but my mate highly recommended in as said that we was a old school engine builder who has been around for a long time and is gives a great product and is honest to deal with.

Cheers

dicko1980

Yep Ray is the best in the area. He knows how to flow heads to full potential and he know his shit when it comes to clevos.