Server maintenance Read more... ×
Ando81

What colour speedo gear?

Hi all, I am thinking of replacing the diff in my xf sedan from 2.77 to 3.45 and wanted to put it behind my t5. The speedo is spot on at the moment as I got the gear changed to suit my 15inch rims but cannot remember the colour of it. I am hoping to fit a eb-ef lsd and from my calculations the speedo will be out about 25%. Has anyone else done a similar conversion and remember what gear to put on the speedo sender? Cheers for any help :D

I have a T5 and 2.92 diff right now and its using a 19 tooth gear. i remember someone changing to a 3.45 and using a 23 tooth gear (i think)

Im guessing it works out like this:

19 divide 2.92 = 6.51

6.51 multiply 3.45 = 22.45 so approximately 22 or 23

Im going to a 3.27 diff and im planning to use a 21 tooth gear:

19 divide 2.92 = 6.51

6.51 multiply 3.27 = 21.28 so approximately 21 or 22

You'd rather the speedo read a bit higher though, not sure if you'd go higher or lower tooth count for that lol i cant get my head around it.

Theres a few tables in this link.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-FORD-EA-EB-ED-EF-EL-SPEEDO-DRIVEN-GEAR-DRIVE-COG-SELECT-FROM-LIST-/120976451040?pt=AU_Clothing_Merchandise_Media&var&hash=item1c2ac225e0&_uhb=1

While on this topic, i need a question answered too if possible. What is the right colour speedo gear for a C10, 3.5 diff, 16" wheels? Any idea?

Pretty surprised no-one has answered this, it has to be the most common ratio out there?

The cog for 3.45s is a black 23 tooth gear... but if you have upped you wheel dia and gone to a diff cog to correct you may need to do the same here, so one up or down depending on which way you went previously.

On another note does anyone know which cog I would need for 3.7s.. did they come in cortys?

The cog for 3.45s is a black 23 tooth gear... but if you have upped you wheel dia and gone to a diff cog to correct you may need to do the same here, so one up or down depending on which way you went previously.

On another note does anyone know which cog I would need for 3.7s.. did they come in cortys?

The gear in a corty wouldnt compare as they had a different box being a 4 cyl with the 3.7s im pretty sure but p100_ute ( aka tim) would know more

Skylines and pintaras might be an option as the had 3.7, 3.89 & 4.11, don't know if the Speedo gear would interchange with a falcon gearbox ( also watch out for the teeth on the Speedo gear being "cut" the opposite direction between autos an manuals)

Choice ill check them out. Im pretty sure these would be corty gears but if im not going to find a bw box in a corty then i guess im searching for anything that would adapt.

Just read that AUs had 3.7s?? What models would that be? XRs or maybe the TE50s?

Im also going to fit an ultralite dash some time soon so if im stuck could i possibly just run the 3.45 gear ive got here and them tune the speedo to suit?

I have the gear out of an AU xr6 btr auto for my single rail as running the 3.45 ratio, the gear is grey and has 22N EA on it.

The btr auto has the spline cut the opposite direction to the c4/6 autos.

Does anyone know what colour i need for a XD V8 running a C4, 2.77 diff and 215/60r14? I cant seem to get an answer anywhere, not even Ford have that combo on their records and no chart i have found has helped. The diff was changed from drum to disk before i bought it which i am assuming is where the difference was. Any help is greatly appreciated as nowhere i can find can give me a definitive answer. Not exactly swimming in money so i want to get it right the first time LOL.

Does anyone know what colour i need for a XD V8 running a C4, 2.77 diff and 215/60r14? I cant seem to get an answer anywhere, not even Ford have that combo on their records and no chart i have found has helped. The diff was changed from drum to disk before i bought it which i am assuming is where the difference was. Any help is greatly appreciated as nowhere i can find can give me a definitive answer. Not exactly swimming in money so i want to get it right the first time LOL.

Hey mate, just checked my ford XD repair manual, it states the only XD with the 2.77 was the 351 clev with FMX, with 205/70/14 tyres ran the orange 20 tooth Speedo gear.

Yeah thats the trouble im finding. I dont think the diff was out of an XD and im not even sure if the gearbox is original either. Both of which make it more difficault. Is it possible to work it out manually at all?

Mate I have a diagram at home, cannot remember where i got it but it says all xd xe xf falcons with 2.77 diffs and 3 speed auto and 3 or 4 speed manuals need to use 18 tooth purple gear. I assume that this is going on the drive ratio of Borg Warner autos like 35 or 40 boxes. You would need to check the drive ratio of a c4 compared to a bw35 auto. Hope this helps mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free